the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 5704 comm issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2012 at 7:53 AM / IP Logged  
as far as i know, alarms wont lose settings if they are powered down, but you will probably have to reprogram the tach to work with a new car.
soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2012 at 7:57 AM / IP Logged  
hey, have you tried switching out the antenna from one alarm to another? you say you switched the brains out but maybe its a fault in the actual antenna which is why you got the same response with both brains.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 20, 2012 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
I would disconnect the tach wire and see if anything changes. That is the only thing that should be "changing" between running and not running. Where did you get the tach wire from? Where is the brain mounted? I would also make sure there is ignition wires any where near the brain or any of the antenna wiring.
Kevin Pierson
tylerwayne 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2012 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  
Today I will try the following and report back:
Swap Antenna from known working system.
Disconnect tach wire (wire from 93 mustang ECC)(will try virtual or voltage)
Move brain and antenna away from any ignition wires.
Currently the brain is sitting loose between firewall and dash, at least 6-8 inches from ignition switch.
tylerwayne 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2012 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
So I swapped the antenna, no change in behavior.
I also disconnected the tach wire, set to virtual tach. System learned it no problem. Still same issue with no comm while remote start is active...
soundnsecurity 
Posted: November 20, 2012 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
are you using any kind of bypass module? if so, what model is it and how is it wired into the system? where is it grounded to the car?
tylerwayne 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2012 at 7:50 AM / IP Logged  
nope, no bypass module. This setup is the simple of simple. I will take a photo or two and post
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2012 at 8:00 AM / IP Logged  

Just skimming through this thread so I apologize if this has been asked or answered already, but Since this is an engine swap into an older car by the sounds of it...Is the charging system regulated? What is the output voltage of the alternator at idle (higher rpm's don't matter as a remote start only functions when the engine is idling)? Though an unregulated voltage system COULD damage devices like this while they are inactive. Just something to think about. Hope you get this figured out!

It is usually the simplest of problems that stump the true experts. viper 5704 comm issue - Page 3 -- posted image.

To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
soundnsecurity 
Posted: November 21, 2012 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  
tylerwayne wrote:
nope, no bypass module. This setup is the simple of simple. I will take a photo or two and post
i figured you wouldnt be using a bypass but i had to ask because sometimes bypass modules have more control over the remote starter than you would think and its possible that the bypass could be interfering with the antenna port.
so now we have basically ruled out everything i can think of that deals with the remote starter being the problem. it has to be something to do with how the car is wired and how the remote starter is wired to the car.
allnpt0 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2012 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  
Are you using an aftermarket ignition system such as a MSD? If so remove it and just use the stock TFI distributor. Might be getting some RF interference with a MSD ignition.
HTH,
Pete
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic