icon

bulldog 500, 03 park avenue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mopar316 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2012 at 6:21 AM / IP Logged  

thank you for the answer. I do get the red led light to come on when hooked up like you said.

but it will not flash when I turn the key forward. Is the install guide correct on programming this?

-hook up red & black wires

-hold in programming button, plug in connector 1, them 2

-turn ignition switch on

-release the programming button

-start the car

ron

shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2012 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  
You are correct in the programming sequence.
Hook up red & black wires for power. Make sure you have the purple data wire hooked up to Pin 2 on the OBD II connector. I believe that's also a purple wire? Also must have the pink ignition wire from the module to the Ignition 1 wire of the car (should also be pink).
Does the LED turn on solid when you plug in Connector 1?
Does the LED flash rapidly when you turn the ignition switch on?
What happens after that?
mopar316 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2012 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  

The led does come on when I plug in connector 1

the led just stays on solid when I turn the ignition forward.

I double checked my wiring to the obd2 which is purple to purple.

I double checked my pink wire for ignition, it is connected to the

bulldog 500 yellow wire, which goes to the pink ignition 1 wire on

th 03 park avenue.

ron

shortcircuit161 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2012 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
Try something slightly different during programming.
Press the programming button while plugging in Connector 1, then release the button once the LED turn on solid. Plug in Connector 2. Turn the key to ignition and the LED should start flashing rapidly at that point. Then start the car with the key. It should program correctly then.
I'm thinking about a LeSabre that I installed in recently with a Fortin INT-SL+ which is essentially the same bypass (just re-branded for DEI) and that's how i programmed it and worked correctly.
That's the main reason I don't use DEI bypasses anymore. Too inconsistent with their modules and instructions.
I use strictly iDatalink and Fortin modules.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2012 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
Most of the alternate programming methods are posted in the directech pages if you have access to them and can be a common problem with the newer bypasses with older vehicles. And often get over looked when they update the instructions for them.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2012 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
Did you try reseting the bypass and start fresh. As a red led lit solid is a sign that it has been programmed even if it isn't programmed correctly. To do so you disconnect all connections to the bypass and press and hold the programming button, while holding the programming button plug in the D2D plug and continue to hold until the red led flashes once and release the programming button. Then start at the beginning of the programming instructions again. The supplemental programming instructions for the 03 Buick don't include the reset instructions that are in the general instructions.
shortcircuit161 
Posted: December 11, 2012 at 6:19 AM / IP Logged  
A solid red LED on this specific bypass (DLPKGM) at the beginning is normal and does not signify it's already programmed. It's the same with the INT-SL from Fortin which I use all the time.
Initially it's on to tell you it's ready to be programmed. Each bypass module is different and therefore do not program the same. Even the DBALL works the same way. It will light red telling you it's ready for programming.
Ron, were you able to get the module programmed to your car?
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2012 at 6:35 AM / IP Logged  
shortcircuit161 wrote:
Try something slightly different during programming.
Press the programming button while plugging in Connector 1, then release the button once the LED turn on solid. Plug in Connector 2. Turn the key to ignition and the LED should start flashing rapidly at that point. Then start the car with the key. It should program correctly then.
I'm thinking about a LeSabre that I installed in recently with a Fortin INT-SL+ which is essentially the same bypass (just re-branded for DEI) and that's how i programmed it and worked correctly.
That's the main reason I don't use DEI bypasses anymore. Too inconsistent with their modules and instructions.
I use strictly iDatalink and Fortin modules.
This is from the generic programing instructions for the DLPKGM. And can be found here: http://www.xpresskit.com/DocumentDownload.aspx?documentid=7052&productid=125&firmwareid=1633
mopar316 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2012 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  

shortcircuit161: I tried the different programming procedule, it didn't work, can't

get it to flash. I know it's getting power through the pink wire, because when I turn

the ignition forward, I get power at the plug that connects to the module.

Is it time for a new(different one)?

ron

lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2012 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
Did you reset it and try again as follows.
To do so you disconnect all connections to the bypass and press and hold the programming button, while holding the programming button plug in the D2D plug (power and ground)and continue to hold until the red led flashes once and release the programming button. Then start at the beginning of the programming instructions again.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic