icon

Mazda CX 7 R/S Locks And Disarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2012 at 7:08 AM / IP Logged  
I've done this car, I only used a relay for Lock, with the resistor of course. Unlock went straight to the wire. Same with the arm/disarm wire. I didn't try it with out the relay on lock.
To test, I use an analog multimeter. The lock wire will make the meter's needle move when pressing lock/unlock button on the drivers door panel. It will go to 12volts when unlock is press and probably around 5 volts when lock is pressed. For the arm/disarm wire, you will be testing while turning the key in the drivers door key cylinder outside the car. You will get the same results on your meter as above. 12v for disarm, and about 5 volts for arm.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2012 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  
See, now I've done one and neither lock, unlock, arm, or disarm worked without relays. I have a feeling it's one of the border line ones where sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't. Since you have to put a relay in for lock / arm, you might as well use one for unlock / disarm.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2012 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  
You might be right flobee, it's just that the first time I did this about 10 years ago on a VW Polo, 1Kohm, I seemed to need relays both sides.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2012 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
So OP I actually posted before Kenny but they had to airmail my reply across the pond!
Conflicting advice, all given by experienced installers, Flobee says not needed, Kenny and I say it's needed.
Wire it Flobee's way but have a spare relay in case and let us know!
nhampto2 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2012 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  

Working at a Mazda dealer, 95%+ of my installs are Mazda. With a CM6200, I have NEVER needed a relay for lock/unlock, and NEVER have had a problem.

If you want to use a relay for peace of mind, that's perfectly fine. I'm just saying based on my experience with Mazda, a relay isn't needed.

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2012 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  
No relays, so not even diodes to prevent feedback on the wires?
nhampto2 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2012 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  

No relays, no diodes. Straight connection from R/S for unlock. Straight connection trough resistor from R/S for lock. I'll splice the unlock wire into the lock wire, after the resistor of course, so there is one single wire connected to the BCM. Don't need to fool with the GREEN/ red wire on the BCM, just the BLACK/ white.

The BLACK/ white is in the bottom connector on the firewall facing side of the BCM. It's a corner pin on the connector, so it's that much easier to find.

soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2012 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
some alarms outputs are just more powerful than others. it has nothing to do with the car's need for a relay.
nhampto2 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2012 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  
This is true. I use only Compustar products. I have heard of issues with Directed remote starters having problems with things like poor/weaker triggers.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2012 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
Amongst loads of other faults.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic