icon

compustar cm600

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
TooDark 
Copper - Posts: 163
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2012 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
Is there a way to connect stater to diesel wait to start light or is the only diesel setting the 7/18 second timing?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2012 at 2:35 AM / IP Logged  
Depends on the vehicle, isn't there a wait to start wire on the vehicle that can be wired to the POS or NEG WTS wire at the instrument panel?
What vehicle?
TooDark 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2012 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Depends on the vehicle, isn't there a wait to start wire on the vehicle that can be wired to the POS or NEG WTS wire at the instrument panel?
What vehicle?
That is what I was asking, reading the manual it talks about a WTS wire but looking at the wiring diagram I do not see one
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2012 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  
Our crystal ball is not working today. Year, make and model of your truck?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2012 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
Plug CN3, wire 12 BROWN / white, Option 4-09.
All Euro and Japanese diesels except M/Benz can be left at the 3 seconds default.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2012 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  

Look at the CN3 Pin 12 BROWN / White wire.  Here are the details from the install guide :

Pin 12 BROWN / White - This is a dual-purpose wire that is selectable through Option 4-9 in the programming

able. Select the polarity through the glow/key jumper on the control module. It can be set to accept either a
positive (+) or negative (-) wait to start input / key sense.

Default – Glow plug positive (+) or negative (-) input. The proper vehicle wire will show a (+) or (-) trigger while the wait to

start light is on. This wire will delay the starter output momentarily to allow the glow plugs to warm up on vehicles equipped
with a diesel engine. You can adjust the delay with Option 2-3.

The middle jumper on the brains' PCB inside the removable window must be set for (+) or (-) WTS input.

Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2012 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
Rats!  You just beat me, Howard!  compustar cm600 -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2012 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
Makes a change, my posts have to be airmailed!
Actually this is all irrelevant, all the poster has to do is to count how long it takes for the glow plug to extinguish on a cold morning, add 1 second and program that time.
TooDark 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2012 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
JWorm wrote:
Our crystal ball is not working today. Year, make and model of your truck?
1. I was looking for the wire on the remote starter not the vehicle!
2. I know which wire it is on the 6200, my question was on the cm600. Is there a WTS wire or is it only option a 7/18 second delay.
Thanks
kreg357 
Posted: December 10, 2012 at 5:22 AM / IP Logged  

Sorry for the mix-up, I call the "cm600" by the Compustar designation CS600.  Too confusing otherwise.  Even Compustar switches back and forth between the two.

There is no actual Wait To Start trigger wire, just the 1-07 programming selections for the wait time.

Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic