icon

2008 silverado remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kbirdjr 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2013 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the replies. I saw the newer wiring diagram last week and spent several hours last Friday evening rewiring it and updating the firmware. When it was all done it still would not crank and the pit-stop mode would not work either so I put it back like it was to start with, at least it will go into pit-stop mode. I have not rechecked the voltage on the R-code wire since I did the original install a year ago. If I understand the instructions correctly, the R-code wire voltage varies depending on the position of the ignition switch. Is there any chance that the dealership adding a key would have affected the behavior of the R-Code wire? I'm not sure if it is related but I also noticed that the cruise control is not working. I looked for a blown fuse but they all seem to be good.
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2013 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
Adding a key wouldn't affect the resistor code as that's built into the ignition switch. If they replaced the switch too, then it would affect the resistor code.
And it makes sense that pit-stop mode wouldn't work with the new setup, now that I look at it again, since the diode is added to send ignition only towards the remote starter and the DBALL takes care of ignition on the truck. Pitstop mode would only work if the DBALL programmed correctly which also makes sense at to why it won't remote start.
Did you test the passlock wire coming from the ignition harness to make sure you have the correct wire connected to the DBALL?
RED / white is 12v constant
Brown is ACC
Pink for Ignition
Pink/black for Passlock
The correct wire will show different voltages for keysense, ACC, Ign, and crank/start.
Which wire on the Silverado did you connect the DBALL violet/brown and violet/green r.code wires to?
shortcircuit161 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2013 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  
I just find it strange that the DBALL wouldn't learn or start the vehicle with the new method either (well not really, but....).
If the pit-stop mode didn't work, it sounds like the DBALL isn't programmed correctly or wired correctly.
Did you change the firmware or have someone else do it for you?
kbirdjr 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2013 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
I programed it myself using the Xkloader2.
shortcircuit161 
Posted: January 24, 2013 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
ok cool. I only asked thinking maybe the wrong firmware was being flashed on there.    2008 silverado remote start - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
kbirdjr 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2013 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
No, I grabbed the latest firmware and the install diagram from xpresskit.com.
pentavolvo 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2013 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
ive never used the dball we have a fleet of 08-12 silverados at work and i use dlpk and never an issue
kbirdjr 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2013 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
It has been a few weeks but I am still trying to get this thing working. I know the newer GM vehicles have a factory anti grind, they won't crank if they are already running. I am starting to wonder if somehow that's causing the problem. Any ideas on how to test for that? I also just saw a thread about the newer GM cars with multiplex having issues, also wondering if I could be having an issue like that.
pentavolvo 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2013 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
are u sure the dball isnt just a bad unit? i use dlpk with 08+ silverados and never an issue. Have done a number of them for work this past year
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic