the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2008 altima with ultra start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2012 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
Think that EVO-ALL 4 Pin D2D harness has one side for the the EVO-ALL plug and the other side has a connector for Fortin DataLink / ADS Datalink or DEI DBI.  You choose the plug that fits your R/S's D2D port.  In your case you cut them off and connect the Red wire to +12V and the Black wire to ground as shown on Page 3 for W2W mode.
Soldering is fun!
ramsesfan13 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2012 at 4:52 AM / IP Logged  
I really appreciate all your help. I have done all the necessary connections, rechecked my connections, followed everything. Evo-all is properly programmed, but I still can't figure out why the RS doesn't work. When I push any of the RS remote buttons, nothing happens. The whole thing acts like it's dead. When I start the car the conventional way, the evo-all lights up yellow, so I know it's reading something. I'm at a loss. I hope the whole unit is not a dud. Anyone have other ideas to trouble shoot these?
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2012 at 6:16 AM / IP Logged  

A few things to try with the U1272. 

1.  Assuming that you have the U1272 connected to the correct wires on the Altima, when you plug

in ( one of ) the two fuses on the Red power wires, the horn should beep.

2.  When you press the U1272 Unlock button the Parking Lights should flash twice and the horn should

beep twice.  You will also hear internal relay clicking from the U1272.  If neither U1272 FOB does this,
check the antenna and its' harness connections.  Perhaps the FOB's aren't paired to the brain.  Every
system I have used has this pairing already done but it is possible that yours doesn't.  Pairing is pretty
easy, just follow the instructions in the install guide on Page 8.

3.  If the U1272 is connected properly to the horn and parking light wires, the first time you started the

Altima ( after the EVO-ALL was successfully programmed to the Altima ), it should have done a Tach Learn
automatically and indicated this by two horn beeps and two flashes of the parking lights.  If the car was
started before the EVO-ALL was programmed ( and incapable of outputting a Tach signal ) then you should
have gotten 4 beeps / flashes and will have to do a Factory Reset ( bottom of Page 9 ) on the U1272 to
switch back to Tach Mode.

4.  Another test you can do to verify the EVO-ALL is :   Disconnect the 2 wire Door Lock Harness from the

U1272 and use a jumper wire to apply a brief chassis ground to either wire, Green should lock the doors
and Blue should unlock them. 

Soldering is fun!
ramsesfan13 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2012 at 6:39 AM / IP Logged  
1) I did not get a horn beep when I inserted the fuses
2) Nothing happens when I push the buttons. I did think that it was a pairing issue, but I can't enter the program feature, since nothing is happening.
3) When the evo-all was done programming, it did sound the horn(can't remember seeing the lights). Then, I shut sown the car, per instructions, and tried starting with the U1272, and got nothing.
4) I will try that. I tested the red 12v wires at the harness that plugs into the U1272, and there is power. I used the ground I have it grounded to, and all is well.
kreg357 
Posted: December 13, 2012 at 8:42 AM / IP Logged  

There are a couple of possibilities in this situation.  It could be a bad antenna or antenna harness, a bad

brain or wiring problems. 

Lets start off with a few basic tests.  Here is a photo of a jumper cable used for testing.

2008 altima with ultra start - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

First verify your horn and parking light wires in the Altima.  The horn wire will test as a (-) when the horn

button is pressed.  If you are sure you have the correct wire, verify it by briefly touching a jumper wire,
connected to chassis ground, to it.  The horn will beep.  The Parking Light wire is a (+) and will show
+12V when the Parking Lights are turned on.  If you are sure you have located the correct wire, connect
a fused jumper wire, connected to +12V constant, to the Parking Light wire.  The Parking Lights should
come on.

Pull the two fuses from the U1272's Red wires and do a continuity test on both.  Then re-insert them

( listen for the horn beep ) and verify +12V at the two pins with the Red wires on the 6 Pin connector at
the brain.  If the horn does not beep, it could be a bad U1272. 

If the horn beeped when the fuses were installed, press the unlock button.  Verify that the FOBs' Blue LED

lights up ( bad battery if no LED ).  If you get no response, try doing the remote pairing procedure.  If that
fails at Step 2, it could be the antenna or harness ( or even the brain ). 

Do you have a spare U1272 system to use for further testing?

Soldering is fun!
ramsesfan13 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2012 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
I verified all is working. I deduced it to a bad 1272. Plugged another in, all is good! Everything worked as usual, but when I programmed the car to not honk the horn all the time, the RS is not responding to the remotes! ARGHHHHH! I tried reprogramming (twice), and nothing. I says they are reprogrammed, I get the horn and light confirmation, but nothing. It worked, now it doesn't.
kreg357 
Posted: December 14, 2012 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  

Hmmmm, are you soldering all of your connections and insulating with heat shrink tube or Scotch Super 33+ electric tape?

Did you solder on a terminal ring to the U1272s' Black Ground wire and secure it to the clean metal of the chassis with a screw or bolt?

Maybe a Factory Reset on the U1272 is in order.

Soldering is fun!
ramsesfan13 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2012 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
Ah ha, figured it out. After finally getting everything to work, I was making sure the program button/valet was ok. The button was sticking the whole time! So I unplugged the spare unit, plugged in the original, and it worked. I can't believe I went through all that for a sticky button. Lesson,(and many others) learned. I really, really appreciate your help, and hopefully this thread can assist someone else with a push to start system, or a 1272 system.. BTW, all connections are soldered and heat shrinked or taped properly. Thanks a ton!
kreg357 
Posted: December 14, 2012 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  

All right!  Good job and just in time for the winter.  2008 altima with ultra start - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Those clear antenna's can be an issue.  The button is recessed and sometimes hard to use during programming.  They aren't sealed ( weather tight ) so be careful when spraying Windex to clean the windshield...

Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic