icon

2000 silverado and ultrastart 1272

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ramsesfan13 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2012 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  
Unfortunately, I have 4 coworkers with 2000 Chevy Silverado's. After I installed my Ultrastart 1272 with a Fortin bypass, (thanks for the the assistance kreg357!) Well, since I am now familiar with the 1272, they all purchased the same RS, and all purchased Fortin int-sl+. I started on the first of the installs, and all connections are good, ready to go. Remote started the vehicle, and it worked. However, I could tell the battery was low on the truck. I shut the truck down, and started programming the 1272, ( disable horn honk). Started putting the truck back together, and then he went to leave. No start, battery dead. It was an old battery, so it was ready to be replaced. After putting the charger on, got him going, and he left to get a new battery. He called me today and the RS wont work. It cranks but won't turn over, and the locks won't lock or unlock with 1272 remotes. I went to work and pulled the fuses on the 1272 to reset it, and even performed a reset on the 1272. Still cranks, but won't turn over. Does the Fortin need reset? If so, how? I have the 1272 data-to-data to the Fortin, and the locks connected to the 1272. Any ideas?
ramsesfan13 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2012 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
One more thing to add, I did connect the GWR wire from the Fortin to the 1272, even though I did do D2D, however I did not connect the power and bround, since I did D2D. And from memory, I don't think the Fortin ever programmed right. I think it might need reset.
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2012 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
If you are connected D2D and the locks won't work, it sounds like the module isn't programmed correctly. Which also means the module didn't learn the antitheft code to bypass it during remote start function.
Correction -
The INT-SL doesn't control the door locks (per the manual) for that year Silverado. It only shows Immoblizer bypass and possibly Tach output.
You would have to control the locks directly at the truck's lock wires. In that case, check for blown fuses.
ramsesfan13 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2012 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  
You are correct. I have only 3 wires from the Fortin connected. The D2D harness, the GWR wire, and the ignition, and the OBD wire. The ignition is connected at the same point the blue ignition from the 1272 is. I'm wondering since the truck battery had to be replaced, the Fortin needs reprogrammed. When I hold down the program button, and connect the black harness, the led does come on. Then I connect the other harness, and the led stays on. I then turn the key to the on position, but the led never blinks.
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2012 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  
Start the truck with the key and then try activating remote start to see if it takes over.
I would double check the ignition wires and make sure no fuses blew.
Also, make sure you have the correct wire connected at the ignition harness. The primary ignition wire is pink.
ramsesfan13 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2012 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
I will double check that. Are you saying to start the truck with the key, and then remote start while truck is running?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2012 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  

You shouldn't connect the GWR wire between the INT-SL+ and the U1272 if you are using the D2D cable. The D2D harness does all that for you. Follow the Connection 5 with DataLink Diagram in the INT-SL+ guide. 

This bypass module will only handle the Passlock2 for you, nothing else.  

The Parking Lights, horn and the locks are all found in the BCM. However the locks are Type A (+) and the U1272s' lock outputs are Type B (-) so you will need relays ( or a DEI 451M ) to convert the signal.

Go with Tach Mode and connect the U1272s' Tach wire to the Silverado's White Tach wire at the back of the instrument cluster ( or ECM in the engine compartment ). If you have already started the trunk without a Tach connected, the U1272 set itself to Tachless Mode. You will have to do a Factory Reset on the U1272 to switch back to Tach Mode.

Overall, this install should be a breeze after the Nissan PTS...  2000 silverado and ultrastart 1272 -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2012 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  

Here are some pictures from a 2002 Silverado to help :

2000 silverado and ultrastart 1272 -- posted image.

Here is a Tach source I have used with Ultra Starts in the past, any non-common color F.I. wire.  ( 5.3L V-8 shown )

Soldering is fun!
ramsesfan13 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2012 at 4:47 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks! I followed the #5 install, have all the wires hooked up properly, but I connected the GWR for good measure. As for the Tach, I will do that, I was really hoping not to have to tear the dash apart again, but oh well. The installation initially was a breeze though. I got the locks working as well, it was a simple mistake on my part. I will connect the tach wire. Does the Fortin need to be reset, if so how?
ramsesfan13 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2012 at 5:12 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks! I followed the #5 install, have all the wires hooked up properly, but I connected the GWR for good measure. As for the Tach, I will do that, I was really hoping not to have to tear the dash apart again, but oh well. The installation initially was a breeze though. I got the locks working as well, it was a simple mistake on my part. I will connect the tach wire. Does the Fortin need to be reset, if so how?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic