icon

2003-2006 GMC Yukon Remote Start Pictorial

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
r6ssrocket 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2013 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for responding! I have both the green and blue wires properly connected to their respective GMDLBP counterparts.. and the violet wire hooked to PIN #2 in OBDII port... Still no locks. This is really stumping me. I suppose it may be a programming error on my part? Are there any other common mistakes people make? Thanks again- your insight helped me build confidence in what I have accomplished so far!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2013 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  
The GMDLBP has five different Platforms it can support. Your truck needs the Type 4 Platform. The GMDLBP install guide details how to change / set the Platform Type and program the module to the vehicle.
Soldering is fun!
r6ssrocket 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2013 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you! I figured it out- Thanks to you! GREATLY appreciated.
r6ssrocket 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2013 at 4:58 AM / IP Logged  
Ok I have to bug you one more time. Everything works.. most of the time.   The locks will cycle once.. then won't work until they are cycled from inside the truck via the switch. Just not consistent.. not sure why. Thought you might have some insight... If not - Thank you for all your help so far!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2013 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure on that issue. I would double check all my connections. Make sure they are all well soldered and that the Chassis Ground connection is a soldered terminal ring to the chassis frame in a paint and rust free spot. Also re-seat all harness connectors on both the R/S and bypass module, plus any vehicle connectors you might have unplugged. Next would be a reset and re-program of the GMDLBP. After that would be some serious troubleshooting with a DMM to verify the R/S door lock outputs, etc.
Soldering is fun!
r6ssrocket 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2013 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
Good point on the ground... I have the ground wire loop sheet metal screwed to the flimsy metal behind the drivers side kick panel... not sure that is sufficient. Would that do it? I will find a better place.
kreg357 
Posted: November 07, 2013 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  

It is usually best to solder a terminal ring onto the R/S's ground wire and then find a convenient chassis frame bolt to make the connection.

Something like this :

2003-2006 GMC Yukon Remote Start Pictorial - Page 2 -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
r6ssrocket 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2013 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  
Ok- so I grounded the unit to the chassis. No improvement. Frustrating. Again, I really appreciate your help though. It must be a programming issue or something I am over looking...
dmonotjr 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2014 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
i have used the write up as far as i can on my r/s install (2006 silverado crew cab with an ac delco 251d/dei 551t add on remote start system. but not im stumped on the last few connections where it says to connect to the oem keyless entry system. i cannot find a schematic that shows wiring for an input signal, rf signal, etc... im getting lost, ecspecially this being my first install attempt.
kreg357 
Posted: April 07, 2014 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  

This Pictorial was somewhat specific in the aftermarket R/S products used and to the vehicle and it's options.   Your

chosen R/S system is the more basic "add-on" type.  As such, it can only perform the remote start function, it does not
have any remote FOB's and can not perform any keyless entry functions.  Basically it relies on the vehicles Factory
remote FOB's or another aftermarket alarm system for control / activation.

Being as this is your first R/S install, it would be advisable for you to create a new post in the Car Security and Convenience

section with all of your wiring ( to allow forum members to make any needed recommendations ) and your specific questions. 
Also include additional info about your truck, like Factory RKE, etc.  That being said, I see two areas of concern and will
venture a few guesses :

1.  As mentioned, the 551t needs two things :  A vehicle with power door locks and Factory Keyless Entry.   Aftermarket

power locks and remote transmitters will work, too.  Hopefully your truck already has this.  Your 551t has an input,
     H1/2 WHITE/ Blue (-) Activation Input, that will initiate a remote start if it see's one, two or three (-) trigger signals.  Factory
     default is one pulse, but it can be programmed for 2 or 3 pulses.  This setting should be changed to either 2 or 3
     because you don't want the truck to remote start every time you lock the doors...   2003-2006 GMC Yukon Remote Start Pictorial - Page 2 -- posted image.

2.  You didn't mention it, but your truck should have the Passlock2 engine immobilizer system.  Unless you hacked the

BCM or did a resistor hard-bypass, you will need a bypass module.  The 551t by itself, does not perform this function.

The remedy for #1 is programming the 551t Feature #9 to 3 pulses and an additional relay wired as below :

Relay Pin 85 and 87 to Chassis Ground
Relay Pin 86 to Lock Motor wire,  Gray (except base models ** )   @ driver window switch, black 26 pin plug, pin 21
Relay Pin 30 to H1/2 WHITE/ Blue (-) Activation Input
Relay Pin 87a - not used
** On base models, it is Gray wire at the dash fuse box, black 12 pin plug, pin C ( but you still need Factory RKE FOB's)

I would add a coil quenching diode across the relays' coil, Pin 85 to Pin 86, to prevent any spike problems.  Use a 1N4004 or

1N4007 with the band towards Pin 86.   ( Thanks Howie II 2003-2006 GMC Yukon Remote Start Pictorial - Page 2 -- posted image. )

The remedy for #2 is a bypass module.  The basic, inexpensive,  556LW module will work, but there are many others

available.

Soldering is fun!
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic