icon

low voltage start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Lubrano 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2012 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
I would like to know if it is possible to have the remote starter (cm6000 and 2w-901r) automatically start when the cars voltage reaches a low set point.  I have a few people who don't use thier cars much and they sit for a while.  If, the starter could run the car when the battery gets low that would be great.
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2012 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  
per the install manual, there is something for low battery if the timer option is set/enabled.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 19, 2012 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  
Please inform your customers that this feature should only be used OUTSIDE. If the vehicles are parked inside this feature can be dangerous (even deadly).
Kevin Pierson
Lubrano 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2012 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
I am sorry but I cant find it?  I see a low voltage warning where the remote will beep but nothing about starting the car.  CM6000
Lubrano 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2012 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  
Please, could someone refer me to the setting for low voltage starting.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2012 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  
It depends on the CM6000 Software version.
Version 7 (newest): Option 4-14 in Option Group 4. Setting I is off, Setting II is Warning at 11.3v, Setting III is Start at 11.3v, and Setting IV is Start at 11.7v
Version 6: Option 4-14. Setting I is off, Setting II is warning at 11.3v, and setting III is Low battery start (no listed voltage)
From the Ver.7 install manual:
4-14 Low Battery Warning - This feature option, which is default to off when the system is armed and the   
feature is on the main control unit, will monitor the voltage of the vehicles battery at its connection
point. When the battery voltage drops to or below 11.3 volts the control module will send a page to   
the 2 Way. It will beep several times for 5 seconds, every 50 seconds, 3 times and flash the battery   
indicator on the remote. When you query the remote or unlock/disarm the system the remote will
display the voltage of the vehicle’s battery. When option 3 (11.3v) or 4 (11.7v) is set, 2-13 is set to   
option 2, and Timer Mode option is activated on the remote, the vehicle will remote start and run for
15 minutes.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Lubrano 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2013 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for thre great information.  One more question .   I see the timer mode needs to be activated on the remote for this option to work.  Is there anyway to keep the timer mode activated permanently?.  I seem to remember the timer mode turns off if the car is started either manually with a key or remote started.  Am I correct?
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2013 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
As far as I know, the timer mode stays activated once you activate it through the remote. It only deactivates by telling it to deactivate.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic