icon

2011 saab 9 3 sedan

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2012 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  
Seems I always get the cars with no bypasses and tech soft calling me for starters. Anyone have any knowledge on this one?
Wire magic goes back to 2007.
Smh
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2012 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
Does the person have an extra key for the bypass? I just looked into one for my mother-in-laws 08-ish Saab and they wanted $800 for a programmed key...
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2012 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah have 2 keys. Can give up one if needed.
2007 had resistance locks and no disarm. Rf only.
I can probably add it to the no can do list along with the 2011 range rover and 2011 panamera that called for starters. My luck.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2012 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
2 attempts on a bloody S40 Volvo, the dealers say 3.5 hours just to remove the ignition switch.
The first CAN-All was faulty, now I discover the blinking 5204 works fine as an alarm but doesn't as a remote start...........
And naturally the customer is 2 hours away across (diagonally) London.
Clue, that last Saab was a Vauxhall/Opel Insignia and a Buick Regal, maybe that will help.
The Euro GMs are using a GM single wire (Green) and Green and white CAN wires in the steering column on top.
But I still needed a key in the box.
freqsounds 
Copper - Posts: 289
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2014 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
I just did my 2009 Saab 9-3. I had to modify the ignition to get it to work. I followed this guide: www.treyadcox.com/93/Saab%209-3%20Remote%20Start.pdf‎
It will consume a key, but it works perfectly. My car is a 2009 Saab 9-3 Aero, V6 turbo, 6 speed manual. I still have some spare parts and could make one for you if you want, just PM me.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic