icon

2011 bmw 320i

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,601
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2013 at 7:45 AM / IP Logged  
So i have a customer who wants to put in double din h/u in this car, i've never done one yet, so can anyone help me with some panel removing instructions, and what adapters i may need to perform this conversion. Thanks. Just need a heads up as to what i'm gonna do before i actually get inside the car.
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2013 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
I'm sure someone on here has done this. The car already has an aftermarket pioneer carozzeria deck but it's all japanese, any    special tool required to remove the dashboard??
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2013 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
2011 bmw 320i -- posted image.
2011 bmw 320i -- posted image.
is this how the dash looks in your BMW in question?
i know BMW likes to hide the locking clamps behind the radio knobs. usually an allen or torx bit is needed to release the clamps. ive only done a few older BMWs so it might not be too helpful.
are you wanting to take the radio out or the touchscreen on top?
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2013 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  
I've been trying to upload photos from my smartphone, but no luck, dash is different from what you posted there. Any idea if i'll need any adapters of any sort.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2013 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
without seeing the dash i have no idea where to start. they dont usually make integration harnesses for new BMW's because they use fiber optic cable to send the signals from the radio to the factory amp and data from the BCM to tell the radio and other electronics how to work. its usually impossible to change out the radio without a total system rewire and you still risk setting off trouble codes because that fiber optic data loop is broken without the factory radio so needless to say finding a dash kit is the least of your worries. if you cant find any integration parts from an online search then thats probably because they dont exist.
this is just what i know from the few new BMW's i have dealt with over the years and it may not be the case with your BMW. if you can get some pictures posted then i will try to help you to the best of my abilities but all of the pictures of the 3 series for those years all look like the ones i posted. this site will only let you upload pictures that are 800Kb or less so you might have to lower the resolution in the settings on your phone or edit the pictures on your computer before you try to post them.
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2013 at 7:13 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you for your replies so far, i will try to upload the pics as soon as i can, the car already has a pioneer carrozeria unit installed which leads me to think the wiring should'nt be to hard, since an aftermarket unit is already present, i am really skeptical to cause any trouble codes, i will post my pics asap. Thanks so much.
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2013 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
Made an error with the year, it's 2007.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic