icon

viper 5101 with xk06 on 03 silverado dies

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
atish 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2013 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
So I was thinking about maybe the truck being a diff year, the vin was a replacement vin(?) and he said it was a 03. 2 years off but I flashed for a 01 and it programmed the first time and the door locks work.
Now my issue is the car wont start I am guessing due to the glowplugs not being warmed. It did start but now it is acting like the glowplugs aren't ready even after leaving it in the ignition for a minute to make sure.
I am happy at least the locks work and the dball is programmed.
I will keep updated.
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2013 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  
I had a problem with an older F-250 diesel recently similar to yours. Not a bypass issue as it didn't have an immobilizer but due to so many starts for testing, it would no longer start. Just cranked and cranked but no start. Turned out the batteries needed charging and weren't supplying enough power to warm the glow plugs to allow it to start but were still reading 12v on my meter. Charged the batteries for about 2 hours with a heavy duty battery charger and it fired right up.
Great job on getting the DB-ALL to program. They are a pain at times!
atish 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2013 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  
So I can get it to start but once I try to remote start, it wont turn over almost like it needs a longer crank. I try to start it with the key after that and nothing. I wait a little while and try it and it starts. I am not real familiar with diesels but I feel like I am so close. I thought that the 15 second delay would work instead of the wait to start (the avital does not have that wire only a delay)
atish 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2013 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  
so I increased the crank to 1 second and same thing it tries to crank but wont actually start and then the truck wont start with the key. Not sure why but eventually it starts with the key and a long crank and then it is ok with the key. As soon as I try to remote start it I have problems with the key again.
atish 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2013 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
Big Thanks to Frank, you helped a lot. Got it done in time for pickup.
Just to update in case this helps anyone in the future. I didn't use the xko6 I used the dball and flashed it for a 01 instead of a 03 and it programmed right away. The truck had a replacement vin so maybe that had something to do with it but the lock wires seemed like a 03 even though I didn't use them.
The truck wouldn't start because of the dome light I am assuming once I got it to charge and the glowplugs it would start. Then I programmed the tach on the first try.
Note to self use the tach on diesels, pull the dome light fuse, use the better bypass for a few more dollars.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic