metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2013 at 5:14 AM / IP Logged  
X2 will have no problems with ADS / compustar
Plus it's easily upgraded.
kreg357 wrote:

Another two cents...

Think I would trust the Compustar Pro dealer.  Their Compustar training and Audi experience along with the quality

of the Compustar product line and its' lifetime guarantee should provide best "bang for the buck".  As most installers
will tell you, a properly installed system will provide trouble free operation for the life of the vehicle.  Typically, the
only issues will be batteries for the remotes and mis-treated / abused remotes.

enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2013 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
ahkim123 wrote:
As for the Best Buy installers, I agree that it's not a good sign that they don't think I need a 556UW but they did know I need a valet key. The good thing about them is that they will fix it until it's right and their prices are hard to beat. I would say $200-300 cheaper than the next price I got.
In other words... a if the "F Up" your car its ok because they will eventually get it right? lol. Good logic. In no way shape or form am I razzing on best buy. You may have some good installers there since every location is different. I cannot not judge them as a whole.
Also.. just because they are an "authorized Viper dealer" or "Compustar Pro dealer" doesn't mean that they are good... choose wisely sir. Good Luck
Eric
Audiomaxx
528 East Fordham Road
Bronx NY 10458
Compustar Top Gun Dealer Award 2012-2013
ahkim123 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2013 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
enice wrote:
ahkim123 wrote:
As for the Best Buy installers, I agree that it's not a good sign that they don't think I need a 556UW but they did know I need a valet key. The good thing about them is that they will fix it until it's right and their prices are hard to beat. I would say $200-300 cheaper than the next price I got.
In other words... a if the "F Up" your car its ok because they will eventually get it right? lol. Good logic. In no way shape or form am I razzing on best buy. You may have some good installers there since every location is different. I cannot not judge them as a whole.
Also.. just because they are an "authorized Viper dealer" or "Compustar Pro dealer" doesn't mean that they are good... choose wisely sir. Good Luck
I'm hoping to avoid the big f-up by asking the right questions and knowing what product to request. I'm willing to take some risk to save money and you guys have been helpful in educating me. I already feel a lot better about going with the ADS AL-CA over the DBALL, in fact, the guys at Besy Buy said they prefer that.
One last question, what difference is there between the Idatalink ADS-AL-CA and the Flashlogic FLCAN? I've heard so many good things about ADS. I know someone who has a viper RS system with the FLCAN with my same car and the audi keyfob does unlock the car which is important to me. I don't know if the ADS will allow the audi keyfob to unlock.
metz35 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2013 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
FLCAN and ADS-AL-CA
Are the exact same thing.
Just branded different.
Only real difference is the ads comes with a d2d data cable for viper and compustar
Where as the flcan only comes with a data cable for prestige
metz35 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2013 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
P.s
I'm really wanting to jump threw the computer and just do the install myself
Lol
ahkim123 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2013 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  
metz35 wrote:
FLCAN and ADS-AL-CA
Are the exact same thing.
Just branded different.
Only real difference is the ads comes with a d2d data cable for viper and compustar
Where as the flcan only comes with a data cable for prestige
Thanks. I just talked with the Compustar PRO dealer that's an hour away and I waiting for a quote. If their price is reasonable, I'll go with them. They have a promo to include the EZGO rfid entry system as part of the package so that'll be nice. Also, their going to install a hidden "pitstop" mode button in the dash so I can activate it without having to use the remotes.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic