icon

2012 ram 1500 hood pin issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
9222tyler 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2013 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
I just put a viper 5901 into my 2012 ram 1500. Done lots of chrysler, never had a problem with em. Everything went great, except for hood pin. I tagged into the factory hood pin under the TIPM. Every time I try to start it says hood open. Tried programming the brain for open and closed hoood pin just to be sure. factory remote start works so I know the hood pin is good and I work at a chrysler dealer and got the guys in the back to check it. I used an xpresskit dball. Possible roblem with the brain maybe? I unhooked it for now and everythings fine.
Tyler
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2013 at 6:45 AM / IP Logged  
Is the hood pin through the Viper, D2D on the DB-ALL on W2W on the DB-ALL?
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2013 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged  
How does the wire test on a DMM? Is it ground when open or ground when closed?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2013 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  
Kenny, I've had a hood pin issue (factory) twice now with DB-ALL.
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2013 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
Yea, I wouldn't trust a DB-ALL for as far as I could throw it, but the OP said that he connected the hood pin under the TIPM so I was trying to see if it was ever tested and how it tested.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2013 at 1:31 AM / IP Logged  
It is better to solder a wire inside the light under the hood. It uses a mercury switch, hence wiring to the negative point inside the light. The factory pin gave me a problem so I did that instead and works flawlessly,
BTW.. I have never been able to get a factory pin through data or W2W on the Idatalink modules... Has anybody gotten that to work?
Eric
Audiomaxx
528 East Fordham Road
Bronx NY 10458
Compustar Top Gun Dealer Award 2012-2013
offroadzj 
Posted: February 12, 2013 at 5:55 AM / IP Logged  
On what type of vehicle? I've been 100% successful on every idatalink that said it did hood pin as long as a factory hood pin was installed (not all vehicles have a factory hood pin; most do not)
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
enice 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2013 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
I am talking about Dodge/Chrysler vehicles. Those never give me signal. Honda does.
Eric
Audiomaxx
528 East Fordham Road
Bronx NY 10458
offroadzj 
Posted: February 12, 2013 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
I've had a few dodge / chryslers that worked fine through idatalink... but they had to have a factory hood pin. Many do not.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
enice 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2013 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
We installed a FT-6000 brain and tried to integrate at the factory hood pin. The module used was a EVO ALL. The module did not provide a hood pin so we instead went direct to the factory pin (which is the latch) and it did not work. It worked for alarm but when remote started it would shut off. Instead, We used the factory light. Soldering inside the light at the ground side of the bulb since it is a mercury style switch.
Eric
Audiomaxx
528 East Fordham Road
Bronx NY 10458
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic