icon

2011 hhr bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigbeast 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2013 at 8:07 AM / IP Logged  
I have a BRAND NEW TO ME, 2011 HHR, it has the passlock 3, Onstar, stering wheen Volume ( i can do without swvc). This is just through net searches, and reading the thick manual for the HHR, it is the one with the windows, not the pannel...darn, i wish i knew there was aux power plugs in the back prewired in the panel vans before i bought this, i woulda took one of them.....kick....kick...myself in the bum
To the best of my research, i have found a few bypass modules with the R.A.P., antenna conversion, stereo plug, etc online for about $200 for all 3 pcs. I have the stereo with the USB plug, non pioneer, 6 speakers ( tweeters up front included ), bluetooth
So once my tax refund hits in a week, those are the first thing to order my 3 plugins / modules, IF ANYONE CAN VERIFY THE 3 NUMBERS ARE CORRECT WOULD BE GREAT?
Also, can someone tell me what panels to remove to get to the head unit, and how to remove them?
can someone also point me to the battery which is somewhere in the rear of the HHR that i have owned for 2 weeks now, and in the middle of a blizzard, i cant really go pokin around back there without freezing to death, or end up loaded with snow in the back...lol
26 years electronics experience here, 2 degrees, every i own vehicle has had a system, but this new security stuff, on-star, Bluetooth, etc, is a first for me, really looking for someone who has dome their 2011 HHR personally, or has direct info to the correct answers with no doubt, as years differ, hence the fact there is no chiltons for it yet, just the book in the glove box to get specs
thanks all
the plans are a brand new, old school RF HE2, back before they sold out, this was their best speaker i think, for the category, and 2 sets of infinity 10's, powered by an alpine 1000w digital amp, 4 sets of 6x9's that are going on a custom half panel, facing forward behind the back seats, these will be powered by one of Soundstream's Picasso Nano's, the 520, or 480..something like that,anyway, 4 channel, i for each set of 6x9's i think, i got the biggest nano they made,( basically the 6x9 setup will be on top of the box ), and this will leave me with over half my trunk space ( i do need that, hence the reason i just sold my 4 15's, i can get better sound out of more smaller inches 52 inches of air movement with very good quality speakers v.s.60 inches total with the decent cerwin vegas dvc 8 ohm, running at 2 ohms, bumpes for a mile in my town, which were at a bad angle, i think i will come out ahead SQ and DB wise switching to smaller subs, and having the 1 12 in RF HE2 between the 10's, which i may go with 2 that are better quality...strokers...lol i wish, thats my set up, i do have a soundstream mp4-us ( i think ) equalizer that i swar is haunted, so i am gonna get a new one of them before i take a hance, prob go back to the kicker i had but a H.O. Alternator AC failure to contain fried the unit, which fried the old kicker eq, but i got a new Head Unit, Soundstream VR-450t most are VR-450
again, thanks to anyone that can help me prepare for my project to start in 1-2 weeks, PLEASE, and thank you
Brain
bigbeast 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2013 at 8:14 AM / IP Logged  
ohh, here are the part numbers i think i need, and the website: 95-3302,     GMOS-LAN-03, 71-2104. getting them from installer dot com
Brain
bigbeast 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2013 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
hello......anyone out there familiar with the 2011 HHR, or the modules i mentioned and can give me tips
Brain

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic