the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

New Wire Connection Template

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2013 at 5:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote offroadzj
During some slow time at work yesterday I made up a quick Microsoft Excel 2010 Wire connection template for help with determining wiring connections between a Alarm / Remote start unit and a specific vehicle.
Please fill out the template to the best of your abilities before asking for connection based help and it will help us help you.
In the Downloads section, search "Wire Connection Template". Once it is filled out, it can be copied and pasted into your post. From there a member can either help you through what was posted or may opt to have you send the file to them for easier editing.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
marc22 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2013 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote marc22

Thanks for taking the time to do this!  I'll be filling mine out today!

Just barely smart enough to make it broken.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2013 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Kenny, great idea but how many have Googled the required info or even looked in the Vehicle Wiring, Downloads/Manuals or Hot Topics sections before posting the same old same old questions.
Last week I gave roughly the same answer to two people who couldn't get into their Viper 57XX programming on the same day.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2013 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote offroadzj
Yea, i know it won't catch all, but hopefully it will at least catch some. I had nothing better to do anyways... haha.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2013 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Well it looked good once I realised I didn't have Excell and had to download the file converter...face palm...doh.
Fallen out with my land line provider*, thank the Gods my UK cell provider lets us tether.
*Let's face it, 99% of my phone traffic is via cellphone except the bloody British Cellular providers charge us to make 1-800 (0800 in the UK) phone calls. Rant rant.
felixdkat 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2013 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote felixdkat
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=1195
:->
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2013 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Connect as diagram and humour me, leave the key in the ignition.
suradj 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2013 at 7:12 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote suradj
Hi,
Could you help me out finding a database for wiring locations and codes for different Japanese cars?
Thank you in advance.
kamaro11 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2014 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kamaro11
I dont understand how to use excel but great idea
fcortes626 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2015 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fcortes626
cool i will use this
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic