the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

'11 sportage python 1401 evo can

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2013 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
The doors will unlock to disarm the alarm but then relock after starting. Do you see any lights flashing on the dash? I just did a 2013 Optima PTS and it was one of the easiest installs I've done in a while. Do all the other functions work (lock, trunk, etc)? I would triple check all of your connections... I have a feeling you have a bad connection somewhere.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
marc22 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2013 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, everything else does work.  I double checked that I wasgetting voltage to the RS and all of the red wires are getting power between the fuse and box.  But when I run through the startup process I never get voltage through the RS starter wire (purple).  It sits at 0 the whole time.

I'm hoping that helps narrow down the possible issues?

Just barely smart enough to make it broken.
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2013 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  
I have a feeling there is an issue with the brake wire. Check for voltage on that wire during the remote start process. The EVO-CAN says that it does not control foot brake on that, but most PTS vehicles require seeing a brake signal in order to start.... which could be throwing the remote start module into shutdown before it even allows it to start. If you get voltage on that wire, try disconnecting it and see if it starts. If it does then try stepping on the brake to see if it shuts down.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
marc22 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2013 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  
You were absolutely correct. I didn't get any voltage through the brake wire during startup so I disconnected it and it started right up. Then, no, it will not shut down when the brake is pressed. Is there a simple way to fix the shut down?
marc22 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2013 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
Also, just noticed that now it won't lock again after it starts. I can lock it with the factory key fob while it's running but not with the RS remote.
offroadzj 
Posted: March 03, 2013 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
I would contact Fortin about the brake. That is the most important thing to fix right now because without it the system won't shut down properly. There has to be a way to connect the brake wire. On the Optima I did (using iDatalink) the brake was all part of the bypass so everything worked fine. Once that issue is figured out, then we can deal with the locks.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
marc22 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2013 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
I'll contact them and let you know what is said.
Again, thank you for all your help on this project!
offroadzj 
Posted: March 04, 2013 at 6:01 AM / IP Logged  
As for the locks, are you testing them with the door closed? I noticed on the Optima that the car was not allowing the door to lock if it was open. Try closing the door and testing the lock again (same with remote start auto re-lock). The Sportage uses the same iDatalink firmware as the Optima I did so I would have to assume the Fortin firmware would be the same for both. Unfortunately I am not sure exactly how the Fortin is supposed to act regarding locking after remote start... might want to ask them about that as well.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
marc22 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2013 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged  

I tested with the doors closed.  I have a 2011 Kia Optima as well and both do act the same way with the door locks so I was aware of that. 

I entrered a ticket with Fortin this morning. I'll let you know what they say.

PS-I hope you kept your worksheet on that Optima.  I ordered a Viper 5401 and Evo-All for mine a couple of days ago!

offroadzj 
Posted: March 04, 2013 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
I never made up a worksheet for the car. I've done so many of these that I usually just use the vehicle diagram to give me an idea on the vehicle wires and I know the unit wires off the top of my head.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic