carvox review and failure problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
randyhub 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2013 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  

BEWARE of CARVOX Products and this Ebay Vendor:

Have a read to fully understand why you must AVOID Carvox and Vendors selling this product. It has numerous names so pay attention to the remote, features, and the control box. BE WARNED this is a complete waste of money,  good news is I found a good place for this product after spending 250.00 to have it installed and another 250.00 labor to get a Compustar installed!!!

Randy

Dear gmwhitelude,

Hello, I had this system installed at a local alarm company and it continues to just go off? We initialized it twice, turned off the arm arm/disarm,turned off the proximty open/lock feature, maxed out the shock sensor (less sensitive) and still it goes off randomly even as I watch it from the window and while it is secure in my garage? Any suggestions as it cannot be used and we double checked the wiring as well the Manager of the Installation company said there is something wrong with the control unit??

Randy

Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2012 3:28 AM
To: support@carvox.us
 Subject: Message from Carvox - Car Security Accessories
 We recently installed an X6-A into a 2007 Toyota FJ auto.  Everything works fine however the system arms itself and then  alarms randomly after a few hours in a secured garage? How much is a recentment brain as we have confirmed wiring and that the auto arm is disabled. The Ebay vendor is refusing any help....
Randy 

To: Carvox - Car Security Accessories

Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2013 9:47 AM
Subject: Re: RE: Message from Carvox - Car Security Accessories
I have started having issues with the X6A brain. What happens is it will start clicking/flashing the lights and then just freeze rendering the remote useless as well as the valet switch.So I will pull the fuses and reset the entire unit and it will work fine for a week or two then it fails again?I have 3 remotes, 2 that came with the X6A (black square with amber display) plus another black more rounded 3300 model such as you sell. I have programmed all 3 to sync to the X6A for testing and they work well.After having the alarm/remote start X6A unit failed multiple times I installed the 3300 replacement unit I bought from you. All the wiring plugs align from the X6A to the older 3300 replacement with the exception of the prox antenna for the unlock proxy feature.The unit powered up correctly however it will not sync to any of the remotes? When I power up the unit and observe the 5 pulses thru the system led (5 presses of the valet switch) and press the 2 keys required on the remote for a sync no confirmation is sent back as it always does like from the old X6A when I sync a remote? Any idea why none of the remotes can be programmed to the 3300 unit? Appreciate any help here, as I have really had some challenges with this product such as the dome light staying on for 20 secs after turning off my vehicle and if you try to arm the Carvox the dome light sets off the siren same as the car starter turning off the vehicle after 15 mins which also triggers the siren because of the dome light??? The factory remote will immediately turn off the dome light and if I pull the X6A unit fuses the dome light goes out immediately after closing the doors unlike with the Carvox being powered up?
Randy

Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:26 PM

To: Carvox - Car Security Accessories;

Cc: rthub@

Subject: Quality control and support issues with Carvox
Importance: High

I am reaching out to hopefully help your organization in regards to addressing huge holes in your X6A/3300 product support.After reviewing the system features I decided on Oct 2012 to purchase a X6A off Ebay. As recommended I had a local Alarm Shop install the system for 250.00. Immediately I noted problems with the system so I contacted the installer to which I was assured all connections were correct and soldered. I am a Sales Engineer and have an electronics background so I decided to inspect the work and use my Fluke multi meter to confirm the output voltages of the vehicles wiring harness and the Carvox wiring and the programming of the brain..Everything matched the schematic, at that point I contacted the Ebay Seller and was totally ignored when I requested assistance. I had felt confident enough to order a 3 rd 2 way 3300 style remote.I then contacted Carvox in the US and ordered a spare brain. I was shipped a 3300 brain however when the X6A continued to act erratically I swapped out the X6A brain with the 3300 unit. With the exception of the 2nd SMA connector it was straight forward however when I attempted to sync the remotes all 3 failed to register? Immediately I swapped back to the X6A brain and was able to quickly register all 3 remotes. So at this point I have 2 brains that do not work, no support, and an expensive SUV with no alarm protection and no remote starter.....When the Carvox X6A did operate somewhat correctly I noticed that when I shut off my vehicle and closed the door the dome would stay on for around 20 secs? This results in the alarm being set off. I am unable to find any way to shorten the timer and when I remove the brain the dome light goes out immediately?

I have spent considerable time, 250.00 for an install and am now forced to completely remove the Carvox unit and go to a basic Viper Alarm for even more money. I really was impressed with the range and features and was bragging about the features a Carvox to friends and co-workers with CompuStars now they just tease me as I have no functions. :(

Sincerely,
Randy

The Ebay Ad:

FM 2 WAY CAR ALARM REMOTE START STARTER KEYLESS ENTRY!! UP TO 9000 FEET RANGE!!

End time: 28-Oct-12 17:05:31 EDT

Dear gmwhitelude,

Hello, I had this system installed at a local alarm company and it continues to just go off? We initialized it twice, turned off the arm arm/disarm,turned off the proximty open/lock feature, maxed out the shock sensor (less sensitive) and still it goes off randomly even as I watch it from the window and while it is secure in my garage? Any suggestions as it cannot be used and we double checked the wiring as well the Manager of the Installation company said there is something wrong with the control unit??

Randy

gmwhitelude 

http://cgi./ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310369804975&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Absolutely no SUPPORT!!!!!!

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2013 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  

Hmmm...buy a off brand cheap product fromChina on Ebay that gets very poor internet reviews and your surprised you have been ripped off? I have a bridge i can sell you in New York if you are interested...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
randyhub 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2013 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
Nice!
So is there an issue trying to warn others?
Randy
randyhub 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2013 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
carvox review and failure problems -- posted image.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2013 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
randyhub wrote:
Yes. People have the right to take whatever risks they want.
(Or... People have the right to get ripped of or be idiots.)
Even though "the no free lunch" and especially the old "high return" scheme cons have been known for centuries and should be common knowledge, people still jump at the stupid and get caught.
Airing such views may be handy for installers etc reading this forum, but that's not going to reach many relevant eBayers.
And many forums frown or prohibit such when it may be a case of a personal grudge, or a bad installer, or misapplication, or normal product failure.
Such bad eBay products should be somewhat protected by Paypal, and maybe local consumer laws.
So what feedback did the eBay victims post?
That's the venue for warning other eBay buyers, and maybe getting problems resolved.
Also posting "questions" for new ads for the same product.
But beware - I have seen many that attack the product when it is actually their own shortfall, else a normal failure for which the vendor must be given a "reasonable" chance to remedy.
Not that I read the detail in your OP - I'm just commenting generally.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2013 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  

randyhub wrote:
Nice!
Randy

Nope none at all. I just can't believe people buy this crap before looking into it, but i guess that's why they keep putting it out there. The old saying goes, if it looks too good to be true it probably is...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
randyhub 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2013 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks and I agree, that is why I had a reputable dealer install the Carvox as opposed to myself.
Unfortunately the units I looked at did not have all the features listed by Carvox but as everyone says you get what you pay for...
Randy
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2013 at 2:11 AM / IP Logged  
The Carvox issue along with some other brands, Giordion, Spy etc., all regularly come up as duds.
Has our first poster ever heard of the expression "Caveat emptor", Buyer beware?
OP, no use preaching to the converted, all you had to do was visit a forum like this or an owner's forum for your vehicle and enter the search.
Also buying through fleabay?
Also I bet when you took it to the install shop they said something to you to the effect of "we're fitting this but please don't ask for any warranties"?
That's what I'd have said.
I'm with Mike and Oldspark on this.
"There ain't no such thing as a free lunch".
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2013 at 6:29 AM / IP Logged  

Mike,

How much for the bridge?

Rich

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2013 at 6:40 AM / IP Logged  
More than London Bridge?
LOL! The moral there being make sure you know what you are buying.
Oh - that's the same moral. (But the yanks couldn't return London Bridge. That was their mistake!)
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic