icon

carvox review and failure problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
randyhub 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2013 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged  
Bought many items from Ebay since 2002 but this is the first time I have had a big issue.
I checked the Ebay vendors rating, checked the Carvox website noted the Chinese origin but felt assured that they also had a US distribution option.
And yes I did spend sometime with the local alarm shops but the features were lacking compared to this design. Initially I was concerned with the fact that Carvox was Chinese then when I did more digging I found out most alarm units are also made in China.......
So when I took it in to be installed yes I was cautioned about using this Carvox but I felt assured that Carvox would back their unit.
Don't really understand the bridge comment as I can't see how that helps anyone here but hey I am doing this to help warn others from wasting their money as opposed to just making personal comments for personal enjoyment but whatever....
Randy
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2013 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  
My "London Bridge" refers to when some Americans bought the London Bridge when it was offered for sale.
Allegedly they confused the London Bridge with Tower Bridge and were somewhat disappointed.
randyhub 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2013 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  
Okay I get it know. Should have asked my Mum or wife both where born in London, they both constantly correct me on things. :)
Thanks again, learned something today.
PS do you have any smaller bridges for sale?
Randy
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2013 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
Yes one near me on the A1 just South of South Mimms in Herts, my mate ran into it the other night after his wheel got busted in a pot-hole.
On a serious note, yes but DEI is Taiwan NOT mainland China and Comp is either Japanese or Korean.
Also I bet the Carvox was about half the price of the reputable brands with more features.
If so that should have told you something.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2013 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  

Can you imagine spending 2.5 million on a bridge and not knowing which one you are getting? Ironically, now the tower bridge has been sold to another rich American and is being moved to the USA for 200 million.

I am an Ebay trader and have over a 500/100% rating. Experience there should have told you not to buy it...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2013 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  
You're kidding Mike, I went through there a couple of weeks ago, what a grid-lock.
I can't see it they will have to build another bridge first.
randyhub 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2013 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys, yeah I am very frustrated thought I asked all the right questions before buying, checked the vendor feedback, checked their website, but missed getting the real truth on a Forum like this one. :)
And yes I should have known after seeing it had twice the features, great range, at half the cost.
Should have known...
Oh well at least others now know as well, thanks again.
Randy
randyhub 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2013 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone know anything about this system?
Python 574 2 Way Remote Car Starter & Alarm System 2012 Model 5704P 5702P 991
Thank you
Randy
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2013 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
The problem with feedback is it only gives you a 30 day window into the purchase. Unlike a review (which can be made at any time after a purchase) the window will only tell you if the transaction went smoothly, not the reliability of the product.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2013 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
Amazon supposedly does customer reviews, look at Viper 5904, Same as the Python mentioned above.
And just to cheese ME off Amazon US does 2 x 12 Volt Bosch mini drills for the same price as we in the UK pay for ONE.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic