the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

carvox review and failure problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2013 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  
A DEI product. Same thing as Viper 5704. Remote starter and alarm.  I have put a couple of them in. Those people have reported a half mile range on them.  That being in northern Wisconsin. Lots of trees, but no tall buildings or a lot of other interference.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
randyhub 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2013 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks everyone for your support :)

Installed the Python by cutting and soldering 1 wire at a time from the old Carvox wiring harness.

The first I noticed was the quality over the removed Carvox system. The connectors, led/valet switch, wiring harness, remotes, and documention are superior on all levels. :)

The Carvox immediately set off its siren when you armed the system due to the domelight the Python does not.

Anyways I learned lots DO NOT buy cheap no name systems with little to no Dealer support.

Randy

tegonfire 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2014 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed a old carvox 2300 series...
Work well very well...
Ecept that it auto arm/lock every 30 sec at off when the key is pulled...
The manual say how to put passive arming to off instead of On(default)
When I change this feature#10 to off it work one time then the next time ill unlock or lock the door it will turn bak to on and keep arming/locking each 30 sec....
So its bugged you cannot change any feature permantly like the manual say cuz it always come back to default setting no matter what you do.
Also to start the shock sensor alarm you need to kick very very hard many many time your car ... so also the shcok sensor dont really work
The remote start/turbo timer/door lock/unlock go well...
the only option that you can change is no horn sound when you lock/arm or unlock/disarm the car and change the remote start crank time.
I wonder why people say carvox is scrap!!! maybe carvox brain unit start to bug and every one start having strange random different troubles with carvox??????
Aceracer
randyhub 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2014 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  

I have been VERY happy with my 5706p Python, it just does what it is supposed to do and does it well!

Having a local shop to support it as well is something the Carvox could not provide. I had a question went to a shop they fixed it right away love this product line.

Randy 

godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2014 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
Carvox is a horrible brand in my opinion. I know most of the time the reliablity of a system depends on the "install". But I dont think the "best" installer out there can install a Carvox system and it is reliable. I ripped out a few Carvox systems to replace them with something better. DEI, Audiovox....etc.
yellow_cake 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2014 at 3:07 AM / IP Logged  
My first ever install was a carvox rebranded as "radiostar generation" in my personal vehicle. Worked fine at first, after a few months it became unresponsive.
Since then I've been using Directed and Compustar units and no faliures.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic