Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2013 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  
Will do. Thanks all.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2013 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  
Erm Flobee, I gave the answer with the first post!
Considering I've never done one and Camrys haven't been on sale in Western Europe since 03 don't you think I should be up there along with Kenny and Kreg?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2013 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  

Only half credit, Howard.  Plus two bonus points for spelling and grammar ( proper Queens English ).    camry 2007 ignition problem inspection - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

How are the Spurs doing?

Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2013 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
OK, I pointed in the right direction, I could have said, what's a Camry?
It's 3:30 pm here right now, game starts in half an hour and it's a toughie, they (Liverpool) have hit form at the wrong time (for us).
I have worked on a US spec LS 430, what a PITA to get into the trunk area when you can't (be bothered) to get the rear seats out. The grommet is too near the centre of the rear seat. They should look at a Mercedes, 2 seconds.
BTW that makes 2 of us running away from Volvos now.
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2013 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry Howie for not giving the credit were credit was due...LOL, you did mention check the fuses! camry 2007 ignition problem inspection - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2013 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
On this car, the AM1 fuse handles the 2nd start, 2nd ignition and acc off the switch. Like Flo said, if when installed they simply jumped the 1st starter to the 2nd to make it work you will blow that fuse. We had an installer that worked for me for a brief period and he did 3 Camrys, all without using a separate relay for the 2nd starter. Every one of them came back with that fuse blown, and not right away but after a period of weeks or even months in the case of the 3rd one he did. He did diode isolate them, but apparently that's not enough. They must be on thier own relay...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
legenux 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2013 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Mike. Will open it up again this weekend to check out the wiring.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic