the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

6 amplifiers using relay how to wire up.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
evo8fq340 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2013 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  
Hi all. Kindly help me how to wire up 6 amplifiers remote wire using relay and separate switch to power on/off my system.( I want to bypass my keywd ignition switch. )Can anyone provide a simple diagram or simple draw how to these things. Your help are very much appreciated. Thanks a lot.
Jef
e2cjeffoy
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2013 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
On the lead labeled "remote turn on lead," connect to +12V with your manual switch in series.
Relay diagram
Support the12volt.com
speakermakers 
Copper - Posts: 231
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2013 at 12:25 AM / IP Logged  
No relay required since you will be using a switch and all of the remote turn on's will not amount up to enough of a load to require a relay.
Why bypass ignition switch? Are you wanting to leave the car unattended? The accessory position on your ignition switch is made just for this type of situation.
Just wondering.
evo8fq340 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2013 at 5:52 AM / IP Logged  
They said that I need a relay to connect the remote wire of all my amps to to remote of head unit to avoid overheat of head unit. I want separate switch to power on/off my system as I've got separate batteries and solar charger to charge my bayberries. I can play my system without running the engine.
e2cjeffoy
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2013 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  
That's different to what you were asking...
If you are using the remote output of your HU to turn on the amps, then use the relay as per DYohn's link.
"Fan" is your amp remotes and "Remote Turn On lead" is your HU's Remote output.
evo8fq340 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2013 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
Yes my HU has a remote output. I've got the idea now how to wire up. The remote wires using a relay. Only this I'm not sure how to wire up the separate switch. Is the no. 86 and no. 87 pin should be connected? Thanks
e2cjeffoy
oldspark 
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2013 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
The "switch" is the 30 & 87 contacts.
That's what a relay is, a "remote switch" where a small current closes an isolated switch that can take handle higher currents (from other voltage sources if applicable).
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 24, 2013 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
Current day amplifiers draw so little current through the Remote wire that your radio will have no problem powering up the 6 amplifiers.
evo8fq340 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2013 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
My HU is Pioneer AVH-P5900DVD
4x JBL BPX300.4
2x JBL BPX2200.1
Please can show a diagram how to connect the remote wire to a relay and separate switch to power on the system. Thanks again and sorry to keep asking again as I am not very good at this.
e2cjeffoy
oldspark 
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2013 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
Unfortunately the best I could do would be similar to the linked diagram and maybe showing the ground/earth symbol from #85 as being connected to GND or the battery -ve terminal, and with the name/label changes I gave previously.
It sounds like you want a physical wiring "picture" that shows all the plugs and wires and joins etc.
Maybe someone else can do that.
Otherwise I suggest you find someone that can, or find out what it is you still don't understand - ie, your amp terminals, the HU output pins, or elementary circuit/wiring diagrams.
I don't mean to sound patronising, but I worry that if you don't understand the answers and diagram that you have been given that you should not be attempting to wire it up. You may damage the HU or amps or even start a fire. (That's a fairly remote possibility {excuse the pun} but not unexpected if the basics are not understood.)
PS - the fuses (squiggles/waves) to each remote (fan) can be omitted. Instead a single fuse at the start of the +12V wire from the battery to #30 should be fused to protect the wiring (ie, rated equal to or less than the smallest wire rating to 30 and from 87).

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic