icon

python 5303

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeffsjk 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2013 at 8:01 AM / IP Logged  
Hey guys new here to the forum. I tried searching but came up empty on this question. I just installed the python 5303 everything is good but I can't get the door locks to lock or unlock, for some reason the parking lights won't flash or turn on when the remote start is activated, and I am having a hell of a time trying to get this thing into program mode so I can add the delay for the diesel timer.
The truck is a 97 Ford F250 diesel. My thoughts are on the park lights, maybe they draw to much current and I need to switch the alarm to negative out put and add a relay?
The door locks I thought were positive trigger, are they maybe that 5 wire system? I set the door locks up as a positive system, I can hear the lock trying to go but it does nothing.
Oh, it has been years since I have done installs so I might be a little rusty, and I Mean years.
Any thoughts?
Thanks, Jeff
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2013 at 8:42 AM / IP Logged  

The R/S should be able to handle the F250's parking lights.  Make sure the Python's jumper/fuse is set to (+) and that

you are connected to the Brown wire at the headlight switch.

Unless the F250 came with factory Remote Keyless Entry, you have Type C locks ( 5 wire REV ).  It will be easiest to

get a Directed 451M door lock module  ( $7 )and wire them up with that.  If you do have Factory RKE & Type B locks, the
Python should be able to directly interface that.

Soldering is fun!
jeffsjk 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2013 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  
I was thinking that was the door lock type I had. Darn it! I'll order the module it will be easier and cheaper then trying to do relays.
Got the lights figured out, had the wrong wire, it energized when the park lights were on but must go through something else first.
Any tips on programming? I need to program the timer for the wait to start light. Or should I just hook the wait to start light up with a diod?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2013 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  
Programming for diesel should be on the R/S menu of your programming guide. Possibly menu 3 feature 9.
jeffsjk 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2013 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help guys. I got the 451 module, gonna install it after lunch then ill mess with the programming again. I guess we'll I'm at it I will wire up the dome light supervision and maybe some other stuff.
jeffsjk 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2013 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks again for the help. She is all done operation alarm in tow pig is just about complete.
I still cant seem to figure out the programing. I can get it to chirp 3 times so I know I am getting to menu 3, how do I get to 3-10 to program the wait to start delay?
jeffsjk 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2013 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  
I got it. I was reading the programming for the remote. Duh.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2013 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  
Three chirps, release button, press 10 times then hold, 10 chirps press any remote button and your answer beat me!
Well done anyway.
I was being clever 'cause I just finished a VW diesel van.
jeffsjk 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2013 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
Ok got another question. So now the remote start decided to not run, it starts runs for less than a minute then shuts off. I have it set up for the virtual tach, it worked fine the first couple times that's what I don't understand. Do I need to hook up the tach wire?
pentavolvo 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2013 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
I would just hook up tach and learn it and that is probably your issue
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic