icon

idatalink t-harness, dodge ram vehicles

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2013 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
This is the first time I have used the idatalink t-harness on the dodge ram vehicles, usually I just hardwire everything in. Stupid question but has any one else found it impossible to put the steering column cover back on after using the t-harness. The t-harness plugs into the ignition connector and then there is about 4 inches of harness then it plugs into the t-harness module, which then plugs into the factory ignition harness. I in no way can get the steering column connector back on and snapped together because the t-harness module is to bulky and is only 4 inches away from the connector so there is now where to tuck it away!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2013 at 5:21 AM / IP Logged  
Sounds like using Bluetooth kits with the wiring adaptor harness in Volkswagen/ Audi behind the head unit. Drop the glove box and pull those two massive plugs away into the rear of the glovebox area.
Hows about either;
a)Cable tie to column?
b) Extend the harness?
Say screw this and hardwire?
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2013 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  
Howie my next step is to extend the harness, but i thought i might just being something really simple and just being retrarded, after all idatalink is not dumb enough to not make a simple t-harness not  fit in the steering wheel column shroud, which is the only place it can go. You think there would be tons of complaints about it. This is in an 07 Dodge Ram.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2013 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
There probably are, but maybe they've adopted the DEI approach, keep quiet about it then quietly change it in the near future.
simplyfalling 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2013 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
It took me about ten minutes to figure out a way to fit that black box into the column shroud the first time I did one, but it fits. I cut back the loom on the tharness to expose all the wiring, which gives you about two more inches of wire to work with, then place the box in between the skim module and the column hardware. The shroud goes over it fine the screws hold it together and boom your done.   
Cheers
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2013 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
I'm so glad you never said "bang you're done.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic