icon

ported box, 2 8 sundown SA-8 V2 spl

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thor492001 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2013 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
i have 2 8" sundown SA-8 V2 spl's. they are in a 350Z, so the box has to stay kind of small.
I finished my box and i'm not overly happy with it. it's 23"wide x 8.75" tall x 16" deep, it has 1.5" square port (centered) that goes 13" deep/turns then another 4", it is only 3/4" from rear wall at the split. made of 3/4" MDF. by my figures it should be tuned to 30hz.
i was told that if you are spliting the port each direction, that you split the width in half at the rear wall. not sure if that is true.
problem is, they are pretty punchy. i had them in a bigger box (1.85cu) tuned to 36hz and they hit way harder and way deeper. i need some advice as to where i might have messed up. i know they are only 8" woofers, but i've heard them get deeper and think i should be able to get there again. any help would be awesome. i hope i supplied enough info.

ported box, 2 8 sundown SA-8 V2 spl - Last Post -- posted image. ported box, 2 8 sundown SA-8 V2 spl - Last Post -- posted image.

tonanzith 
Gold - Posts: 593
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 02, 2013 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have bassbox pro?
Gary Sather
thor492001 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2013 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  
yes i do

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.