wiring leds to ac do i use a transformer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2013 at 1:40 AM / IP Logged  
Superb - thanks!
Now for wireless power transmission... (Just kidding!)
riverdogg 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2013 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
oldspark wrote:
Superb - thanks!
Now for wireless power transmission... (Just kidding!)
I'll start working on that once I can get my hands on Tesla's personal notes.
oldspark 
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2013 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
Oh - do you want a copy? I used my DI to extract... (DI - Direct Interface - connect straight to the brain to overcome headset sound & video distortion...).
(Just kidding by the way. (I couldn't get his brain.))
An amazing man...
I watched "The Prestige" the other night... so Tesla invented the Replicator - I though he merely invented the Transporter. (Both were analog obviously!).
Now since I think it's logical to discover hyperspace before transporter technology (though arguably they are both the same), it's logical that Tesla discovered hyperspace as well.
Unfortunately my logic may be flawed since they have already "transported" matter, though that was only at a sub-atomic level.
But when I look at all the things today that emanated from Tesla, although it seems few acknowledge his existence... Even Einstein's theories - excluding those that were his wife's.
riverdogg 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2013 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, I'm surprised how many people have not heard of him. I could be wrong, but I think he was one of the first people to actually try sending something wirelessly. It kind of sucks that everyone knows the guy that improved upon the invention of the lightbulb (Thomas Edison) but few people know about Nikola Tesla. And like you said, Tesla's theories still eminate in things today and yet few know his name.
When I watched the prestige for the first time, I didn't put the analogy together. It wasn't until the second time I watched it and saw the analogy of tesla. I said out loud "that's just like Tesla." And then everyone looked at me and said "what are you talking about?"
oldspark 
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2013 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
It seems that all people know is the fundamental unit of magnetism - the Tesla. Forget that he radio-controlled a model boat way before Marconi "invented" the radio (LOL), or that Edison was at war with him for proposing AC electrical distribution (rather than Edison's plagued DC distribution).
It's been decades since I studied Tesla, but I was awed that all his plans being in his head let alone his various theories and realisations.
He could manufacture complex 3- and multi-phase machines without drawings. Hence the problem - he put very little to paper. One exception were his Patents (hence the Einstein plagiarism connection - Einstein worked in the Patents Office...).
His HF power transmission is reasonably well known as are his "free energy" spheres (extraction of electrical power from our sky).
I recall the "death ray" or superweapon that he offered to US Defense after WW1, but the yanks knocked it back since WW1 was the "war to end all wars". When they approached him after the outbreak of WW2, Tesla refused and apparently from that day on until his death he was under constant surveillance by US Intelligence.
The alleged Philadelphia Experiment was apparently a test of one of his "invisibility" proposals. I like how the film ( imdb) depicted the live people embedded in decks etc... I understood the basis of that experiment to be real but have read many refutes etc. However as we all know, just like unknown unknowns, the official total lack of evidence proves that it really did happen. (I'm merely knocking using Donald Rumsfeld's intelligence LOL!)
At least he had some friends and support (George Westinghouse etc). Though Nikola may never have been properly accredited (even the Phily Experiment seems attributed to Einstein and others), I wonder how technologically primitive we'd be now without him. Maybe we'd all be watching TV in the dark? (... and old Edison joke.)
But some of know Tesla well. In fact I still see him occasionally - viz Sanctuary ( imdb).
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic