the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004 Pontiac GTO Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pbmgto 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2013 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pbmgto
Yes but it has been a while. I can do it again. Can you remind me what the sequence is?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2013 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Start engine, within 5 seconds press and hold button on control centre, blue light should come on, release button, tach learnt.
pbmgto 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2013 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pbmgto
I relearned tach. Still the same issue.
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2013 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote racerjames76
Just curious, where is your door trigger hooked to? Or is that not required on this unit?
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2013 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
RJ, I made an assumption and forgot mention it, yes door switch is required, whether installed or not I assumed it was. Ooops.
pbmgto 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2013 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pbmgto
Door trigger is connected to grey/white and white at the BCM and diode isolated. Door triggers work just fine.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2013 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote offroadzj
How do you have the hood pin and factory alarm arm/disarm wires connected? Do any of them tie into the door pin connections?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2013 at 8:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote racerjames76
If you havent gathered what we are asking is, we think there may be an issue with something the brain is looking for during the setup sequence. go through the process of what it wants and check to make sure the remote brain is getting the correct inputs at the correct time. 2004 Pontiac GTO Remote Start - Page 2 -- posted image.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
pbmgto 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2013 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pbmgto
What inputs are you talking about? Foot brake, parking brake, and door pin are the only things I can think it would need and those all work.
pbmgto 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2013 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pbmgto
Factory arm/disarm is only from factory remote and I disconnected the hood pin because another GTO owner said he had problems with his.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic