icon

pkh34 programmed, but wont bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fatbambooshoot 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2013 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
This is my second PKH34 on a 2007 civic installed with AK105B. The first one is probably defective, and maybe this one too.
I wired up the 4 wires and powered up the pkh34. Without me pressing on the button, the led comes and stay on. I turned the key in the ignition cylinder all the way and the led went off.
No sweat programming it I thought. But when I try to start the vehicle without the key in the ignition, the fuel gets cut off because the immobilizer didnt get the right data from the bypass.
So I tried a reset. Unplugged the PKH34 and held the button while plugging it back in. The stubborn led won't go out, even after I let go of the button. Unless I turn the the key on the ignition cylinder to program it again, the led stays on.
Could I be any luckier to receive two award winning lemon devices?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2013 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
Does the car Remote Start with the key held next to the ignition switch?
Are all the connections soldered?
Where do you have the PKH34's Brown wire connected?
Think it should go to the PSB05's Gray wire on the 10 Pin connector.
Verify that JP3 jumper is in the Default / Remote Start position.
Don't think I've had 2 bad bypass modules in the last 3 years, let alone bad PKH34's.
Soldering is fun!
fatbambooshoot 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2013 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
I can remote start car with the OEM key in the ignition bay.
The only connection soldered is the data wire, the others are crimped.
PKH34's Ground When Running wire is connected to the GWR wire on AK105B.
When I try to remote start the car, the LED on PKH34 comes on.
All jumpers are in default position.
What a torture this has been.
Thanks for your assistance Kreg, I think I'll just bring it to Best Buy or something and let someone deal with it.
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2013 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
I had the same problem with that generation Civic twice, 2 separate cars. This is more of a story then a solution. I had the same problem with the reset. On the first one after much playing I was able to get the LED to respond correctly during the reset process. After the reset, it programmed first time and has been working ever since. The second unit on a different civic, I could not get it to reset properly and gave up after a half hour or more. I didn't have another one of the PKH34 with me, but I had a Key-Override-all on me by fortin. Same connections and programmed right up. I ended up throwing out the PKH34 away as there was no way for me to get it warrantied. I do use the PKH34 often and even though this story is about 2 units, I would not hesitate to use it again.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 20, 2013 at 6:39 AM / IP Logged  
I'm not familiar with the AK105B, but with some vehicles and some bypass modules, it's important that the ground-when-running signal comes on before ignition, not just at the same time.
If you push the button to activate the remote starter, does the PKH34 light up right away, or only at the same time the ignition comes on?
Or, try this: Poke the end of a jumper wire into where the brown wire goes into the bypass, ground the other end of your jumper wire, then activate the remote starter and see if it works.
fatbambooshoot 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2013 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  
The pkh34 is activated before the ignition starts.
I Have also tried permanently grounding thw GWR wire, but still no luck.
SPent the better of the week trying to get this module to work. I gave up.
Thank you all for your input. I think they j7st defected.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic