viper 3303 / 1995 ferrari 456gt

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mknightmd 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2013 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  
Hello Fellow forum friends!
Special thanks to Howie for getting me this far!
Update on the install...was away on anniversary with the wife and fam, got back this wk and dived in.
So far, I have the unit installed and programmed. The following accessories are connected and functional...Siren, DEI 507M tilt sensor, 506T glass break, and 520T battery backup.
The following features have been installed...Trunk actuator opening/sensor and Hood pin sensor, Horn (with full alarm), and Parking Light.
Issues...
The domelight supervision H1/9 black & white wire is dead...(verified by measuring current and crosschecked by wiring trunk pop to which both the relay and the light respond. This confirms the MM reading of dead wire on the domelight supervision source.
Door Locks...
I have verified Negative Pin triggers and identified the wires communicating between the central locking system.
Howie, you were spot on about the white connector / harness...it has most of the wires I seem to need. However, I still cannot get the Viper 3303 to power the locks. They work fine with the key, but so not seem to respond to the alarm.
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance!
mak
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2013 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
Go to the driver's door, assuming it has a key which locks/unlocks the vehicle. Look for the loom in the kick panel coming in from that door. There should be light blue and white wires, lock and unlock, can't remember which is which, test using a test bulb NOT a DMM to ground (throw over the lock striker catch at the rear of that door first).
mknightmd 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2013 at 1:34 AM / IP Logged  
Hello Howie!
Hope all is well with you and fam.
Thanks for the follow up. Found the central lock wires communicating between the R & L doors.   Two were Hi/Low with the keyed door lock/unlock. Connected two relays wired for reverse polarity to them and they fired up. Programmed for the longest pulse time...3.5s and that got them going. Now moving on to the ignition and starter kills. Not planning on fuel kill since this beast has two pumps...
I have re-done the wiring and I will encase in split looms. My bench testing is just about done. Thanks so much for the help Howie!
mak
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic