icon

sub choice

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
78 lemans 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2013 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  
First off this is for my second (spare) car so its kind of a piece together system. Its in a 99 Dodge Avenger, basically a mitsu eclipse.
I will be powering the mids and highs with an Mtx RFL404 50x4 @ 4 ohm, 100 x 4 @ 2 ohm. Rear is a pair of 6x9 soundstream 100w rms 3ways, front im undecided wether to use a set of 6" 2 way mtx that I have or pick up a set of components as it currently has stock door and dash speakers. Leaning towards components.
For sub amp the one I currently have in it is a Planet Audio rxd1000
400x1 @ 4ohm rms
750x1 @ 2ohm rms
1000x1 @ 1ohm rms
Its currently powering a single 4ohm Audiobahn 400w rms 10" in a sealed prefab box. I want more out of it. I found a deal on a 15" Kicker solobaric L7 dual 2ohm in a box that sounds good with his current set up at 1ohm, but would I be better off spliting the 1000w into two 10 or 12's at 1ohm or even splitting the 750@2ohm or is the one 15" a good choice?
I listen to a mix of rock, metal, hiphop/rap, some country but not much, etc. I like clean bass but do like to push it sometimes as well.
Also the sub will be in the trunk with the seats up most of the time.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2013 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
Any Kicker is going to sound much batter than any Audiobahn no matter what you do. Go for the single 15.
Support the12volt.com
78 lemans 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2013 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
I am replacing the Audiobahn either way. But would two tens or twelves sound better or louder than the one 15" powered by the same amp?
avanthika 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2013 at 6:22 AM / IP Logged  
Great sharing.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic