icon

security light, 08 chevy cobalt

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
als777on 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2013 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
Hello New member here I have just purchased and installed the Viper 5904 Along with the XK09 Express kit On my 08 Chevy cobalt. Installed on this vehicle and everything is working fine except After I remote start the vehicle turn off the alarm and put the key in the ignition the factory security light on the dash will not stop flashing Until I turn the vehicle off and then start the vehicle back will only Light turn off. Any help with this problem would be much appreciated thank you
Als777on
lucasoil4u 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2013 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  
Is it flashed to the newest firmwear? Also make sure you have everything properly connected. To be honest I HATE Xpresskit. I Love Idatalink. Swap it out and your golden.
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2013 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
x2 on using the idatalink modules versus Xpresskit!! You do need a dealer account to flash the idatalink modules, (or buy from someone that has an acct), but they are far superior to Xpresskits and can be programmed to work in data mode with the Viper system too.
The Cobalt uses an antitheft system called PK3+ which requires the correct resistance as well as the transponder info from the chip in the key to successfully start the car. It's possible one of those isn't correct from the Xpresskit (or didn't program/learn it right) and is triggering the antitheft system in the Cobalt.
gberland 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2014 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
Black piece of tape over the guage lok jk

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic