the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 mustang door triggers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Fosgate3 
Copper - Posts: 328
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2013 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  
I've been searching everywhere for help and I can't seem to find anything. I'm installing a Code Alarm CA-670 in a 2007 Mustang and I'm having problems with the door trigger wires.
The database here on the12volt indicates that the dome supervision wire should be used for door triggers. Can I connect the dome supervision wire and the negative door trigger wire from the alarm to this?
I read elsewhere that there were two wires for the triggers, one for each door, both in the SJB. I found those but they show ground when the door is closed and nothing when the door is open. If I can't connect both wires to the dome supervision wire as described in the first question, is there some way I can use these for the door trigger? I ran into the same problem with the trunk trigger. I found the wire color by going to the pin switch (light brown with a blue stripe) but just like the doors, when the trunk is closed, it goes to ground. When the trunk is opened, the wire reads nothing.
Thanks in advance for reading.
i think a wire's loose somewhere...
triniforever 
Copper - Posts: 323
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2013 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
According to Directechs database on that car the Domelight wire is Light GREEN/ YELLOW (-) and its located in either the passenger A pillar or the SBJ , grey 26 pin plug (F), pin 25.The trunk/hatch pin is WHITE/ Yellow (+) located @ trunk light or SJB Black 26 pin plug (E) pin 15 .The SBJ (smart junction box) is located in the passenger kick panel.On a small note the two front door triggers are N.C (normally closed) and there is a tech document on how to integrate those with your alarm ,however it's much simpler to use the Dome Supervision wire ,hope this helps.
triniforever
Fosgate3 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2013 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
So are you saying that I can connect both the dome supervision and the door trigger wires from my alarm to that light GREEN/ YELLOW wire?
i checked every WHITE/ yellow wire in the SJB. none of them did anything when the trunk opened and closed.
do you know where this tech document is located?
triniforever 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2013 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
you can connect the door trigger wire from the alarm to the wire however the dome wire from the alarm needs a relay for it to work.
triniforever
triniforever 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2013 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
To gain access to that tech document you have to have an account with DEI .Andhave access to their Directechs database.
triniforever
triniforever 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2013 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  
did you test the light in the trunk for a trigger?
triniforever
Fosgate3 
Posted: September 01, 2013 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
not in the trunk but every WHITE/ yellow wire at the SJB. none of them changed when the trunk was open or closed. is there a delay with the trunk light turning off like there is with the dome supervision lights? that could be the problem... i'm not letting it turn off and "reset" (so to speak) before checking wires.
Fosgate3 
Posted: September 03, 2013 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
I appreciate the input from everyone. I'm going to tackle the alarm again this afternoon (had some things come up that kept me away). How would I wire the relay?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2013 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
The Trunk Trigger is a (+) signal. It should read +12V when the trunk is open. To wire a relay to convert
this (+) signal to a (-) signal the Alarm system needs, here is the wiring :
Relay Pin 86 to Trunk Trigger WHITE/ YELLOW (+) @ SMART JUNCTION BOX IN PASSENGER KICKPANEL
Relay Pin 85 and 87 to chassis ground
Relay Pin 30 to Alarm (-) Trunk Trigger Input
Relay Pin 87a not used - insulate
Here is more info on the Truck Trigger wire :
Trunk/Hatch Pin    WHITE/ Yellow (+)    @ trunk light or SJB, Black 26 pin Plug (E), pin 15
Soldering is fun!
Fosgate3 
Posted: September 04, 2013 at 6:25 AM / IP Logged  
cool. thank you. What about the dome light supervision relay? It was mentioned that a relay needs to be wired for it.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic