icon

remote start issue manual civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
triniforever 
Copper - Posts: 323
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2013 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  
What color wire you used for lock and where did u get it?
triniforever
triniforever 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2013 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
Also when you press the lock switch on the door does it lock everytime?
triniforever
enkindel 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2013 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged  
triniforever wrote:
What color wire you used for lock and where did u get it?
Yeah I believe so. I will have to try when I get home. If it does not work every time from the door switch what do you believe it could be, shorting/grounding out, bad solenoid, or bad switch?
I have a T-tap splice from the green of the 3 pin connector of the module on the GREEN / WHITE right on the loom of wires near the ecu, above the driver kick panel.
I will have to test it out when I get in from work, I should have already done that but only got 3 hours of sleep as it is. If it doesn't work every time from the cars lock switch Ill take the panel off and have a look around. I can check for bare or breaking wires easy enough, if I see none how should I go about testing anything else if you think its something else?
triniforever 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2013 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
Did you test that GREEN / WHITE wire ?or you just might have the lock motor wire . You need to test and verify all wires before attaching any of them to the alarm
triniforever
enkindel 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2013 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  
So there is a lock motor wire and a different door lock wire? What differentiates the two when checking with my meter? Sorry for the newbie questions this is my first venture into something like this.
I will pull my door panel off and check for anything obvious, Ill also check that wire I'm tied into first, So I need to probe the red to something with constant voltage and then take my black probe and connect it to the wire I suspect is my door lock trigger, then just use the door lock on the door and see if it shows voltage? Or should it work like anything else, ground the black and check it with red?
enkindel 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2013 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
triniforever wrote:
Did you test that GREEN / WHITE wire ?or you just might have the lock motor wire . You need to test and verify all wires before attaching any of them to the alarm
\
If I had the door lock motor wire rather than the door lock wire (still unsure if thats what you meant) that might explain why the passenger door isn't getting controlled by the remote.
Can you lead me in the right direction?
triniforever 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2013 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
First what kind of test equipment you have ? A DMM ? A test light ?
triniforever
enkindel 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2013 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
I picked up a nice multimeter for the job.
triniforever 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2013 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so you need to test that lock wire place one lead to ground and the other lead to the wire to be tested when you hit the switch that wire should go to ground
triniforever
enkindel 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2013 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
I figured it out after work. Weak actuator. Thanks for the help and also about the clutch bypass. I made a video to help others. I know that my "work around" isnt the proper way but it works for me for a work car. Solved my problem, I left the passenger side hooked up in case the battery ever dies while Im inside it, LOL. No one ever rides with me so its not an issue, I can just leave it locked and mechanically attached since the actuator on the passenger side since the actuator while mechanically hooked up is too weak to unlock.
Take a look at the video if you want.
http://youtu.be/Dbdwat8Kx-k
http://youtu.be/Dbdwat8Kx-k
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic