icon

viper 211 hv keyless entry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jr789 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2013 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
Hi viper 211 hv keyless entry -- posted image.
      Hope someone can help me out with this. I have a 1988 F150 2door. I have installed a Spal aftermarket door locking system. It is wired so that the spal control module is the relay for the system. I would like to wire up the viper module to work with this centralized system rather than wiring in relays for each actuator.
    What needs to go where in regards to main 12 pin harness connections on the viper module (ie lock/unlock 30 lock/ unlock 87 wires??
P.S. here is a basic wiring diagram of the spal system
        Spal diagram
       Thanks for your help
       viper 211 hv keyless entry -- posted image. viper 211 hv keyless entry -- posted image.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,787
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2013 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
H1/1 RED (+) 12V CONSTANT POWER INPUT      Yellow @ Ignition switch
H1/2 BLUE (-) 200 mA SECOND UNLOCK OUTPUT not used
H1/3 BLACK/ WHITE-1 INPUT OF DOMELIGHT SUPER RELAY #87Yellow @ Ignition switch
H1/4 BLACK/ WHITE OUTPUT OF DOMELIGHT SUPER RELAY #30  BLACK/ Blue (+)   @ driver kick panel
H1/5 GREEN/ BLACK LOCK #30 COMMON OUTPUT Brown @ SPAL   ****
H1/6 WHITE/ BLACK LOCK #87a NORMALLY CLOSED      not used
H1/7 VIOLET/BLACK LOCK #87 NORMALLY OPEN (INPUT)  chassis ground
H1/8 BLUE/BLACK UNLOCK #30 COMMON (OUTPUT)     Purple @ SPAL     *****
H1/9 VIOLET UNLOCK #87 NORMALLY OPEN (INPUT)      chassis ground
H1/10 WHITE (+/-) PARKING LIGHT FLASH OUTPUT Brown @ Headlight switch
H1/11 BLACK (-) CHASSIS GROUND INPUT  chassis ground
H1/12 BROWN (-) HORN HONK OUTPUT Dk. Blue (-) @ steering column
H1/13 LT. GREEN/ BLACK FACTORY ALARM DISARM       not used
H1/14 WHITE/ BLUE (-) 200 mA CHANNEL 3 VALIDITY OUTPUT     not used
H1/15 YELLOW (+) SWITCHED IGNITION INPUT (ACCESSORY)    RED / Lt. Green (+) @ ignition harness
H1/16 ORANGE (-) 500 mA GROUND-WHEN-ARMED OUTPUT       not used ( or started kill relay )
H1/17 BROWN / BLACK UNLOCK #87A NORMALLY CLOSED        not used
H1/18 RED / WHITE (-) OUTPUT OF CHANNEL 2   not used
**** You will have to test the Brown & Purple wires at the SPAL module to see which is Lock and which is
Unlock - wire accordingly.
Soldering is fun!
jr789 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2013 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Kreg
   Just what i needed,!!!
      PS Yes soldering is fun!!
jr789 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2013 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
Most everything works as it should ,except the horn however will not activate with the remote, i tapped into the correct wire and also checked with a volt meter to be for sure. Will another relay or some extra wiring be needed? I'm happy with the remote and door locks as well as the parking lights flashing but it sure would be nice to get the benefit of the horn. Thanks
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2013 at 5:57 AM / IP Logged  
That's good news so far. Interesting with the horn. I have always used the straight (-) 200mA Horn output
wire from the after-market system directly attached to the Dark Blue Ford horn wire with no issues. A few
possibilities here.
You could check the 211HV's Horn output to verify it is indeed working. Easiest way is with a LED test light
but a DMM will work also. Set the DMM to 20V DC, Red test lead to a +12V constant source and Black test
lead to the 211 HV H1/12 Brown wire. The DMM will go to +12V when the system tries to beep the horn. You
can use the same DMM set up on the truck's Dark Blue Horn wire. Every time you press the horn button, the
DMM should read +12V ( and the horn will sound ). As a final test, you can use a jumper wire from chassis
ground to briefly touch the Dark Blue horn wire. That should also beep the horn.
viper 211 hv keyless entry -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
jr789 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2013 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks again Kreg!!! Ill give it a try later this week and post. viper 211 hv keyless entry -- posted image.
jr789 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2013 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
kreg ,
     I tried the dark blue wire and it does not work: according to the schematic , there is a yellow/ light blue & the Dark blue labeled as horn brush contactson the column harness, apparently they work together , the yellow/ light blue is a hot wire. i'm not quite sure if it is worth the effort to have the horn wired in.   Perhaps the module does not send a strong enough pulse. P/S My truck , factory plain jane does not have cruse control and as a result it is not equipped with a horn relay according to the factory manual. Think i solved the problem. viper 211 hv keyless entry -- posted image.
kreg357 
Posted: October 06, 2013 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds logical enough.
If the test with the jumper to the Dark Blue (-) Horn wire works, you could try adding a relay to the 211HV's Horn Output. Here is the wiring :
Relay Pin 85 to 211HV H1/12 BROWN (-) HORN HONK OUTPUT
Relay Pin 86 to +12V Constant
Relay Pin 87 to Chassis Ground
Relay Pin 30 to F150 Dark Blue Horn wire
Relay Pin 87a not used - insulate
( More soldering fun...   viper 211 hv keyless entry -- posted image. )
Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic