icon

2007 jeep wrangler

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ryansrod&custom 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2013 at 12:51 AM / IP Logged  
Hello, i'm installing a Command Start CS2471TW (same brain as autostart), and a DB-ALL, using D2D and the CHTHD2 T harness, in a 07 Jeep Wrangler. Need a little help on the start/accessory wiring in regards to the "ground through xxx ohm resistor" and the process of wiring the relays. Also wondering about power door locks, do i need relays or can i just direct connect like this, Command Start wiring-resistor-PURPLE / green multiplex. Thanks everyone!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2013 at 7:02 AM / IP Logged  
Lets slow down and take a time-out here for a few seconds.
OK. 2007 Jeep Wrangler ( assuming automatic transmission ) with a AutoStart CS2471TW system using a DB-ALL
bypass module flashed with 401.Chrysler V5.06 firmware and CHTHD2 T-Harness wired in the D2D mode.
First, I am not an AutoStart user nor a DB-ALL user, I usually wire in W2W mode and don't use T-Harness's.
But... I have done Wranglers using competitors products that are similar.
I am guessing that the CS2471-TW is D2D compatible with the DB-ALL and that the CHTHD2 harness is the
R9 version ( there appears to be R1 - R6 types also ). So, with the DB-ALL correctly flashed with the proper
firmware, you would follow the Type 3a diagram in the install guide. That guide shows you ALL necessary
connections except the most obvious one, the D2D harness between the two modules, DB-ALL 4 Pin to the
red XpressKit port on the CS2471-TW. The DB-ALL Type 3a diagram does not show exact harness connections
on the generic R/S unit, as they can vary from brand to brand and model to model. If I found the correct
guide online here are the R/S wire necessary to complete the install after the T-Harness is plugged in.
CS2471-TW Destination
Two thick Red wires ( join together - one 20 Amp fuse )       Jeep +12V constant source ( battery )
Thick Yellow Ignition wire    DB-ALL T-Harness Pink wire @ 14 Pin Plug
Black from 5 Pin Plug       Jeep Chassis Ground
Yellow from 5 Pin Plug      Jeep WHITE/ Violet (+) Passenger kick panel - Black 10 pin plug, pin 7
Grey from 5 Pin Plug        Jeep - Install supplied hood pin switch
Cut the Yellow Loop wire for Auto Trans
Set Jumper for (+) Parking Lights
DB-ALL
Yellow/Black RAP Off       Jeep (-) Driver Door Pin Purple wire in DKP
That's it. No other wires need to be connected. No relay with 180 ohm resistor for the PURPLE / Brown MUX
wire. No relays and resistors for the door locks. The DB-ALL handles all of that for you thru the D2D harness
and the T-Harness / CAN Bus connections. You will have to set the CS2471-TW for Tach Mode and do a Tach
Learn, etc.
Soldering is fun!
ryansrod&custom 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2013 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply, that sounds pretty simple, how about the park lights? Any resistors or relays for them or do they go through the t harness as well?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2013 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, going D2D and using a T-Harness should make the install very easy ( if it works 2007 jeep wrangler -- posted image.   ).
No, the DB-ALL / T-Harness does not handle the Parking Lights. Use the CS2471TW's Yellow wire from the
5 Pin Plug. Think it has a 15 Amp in-line fuse.
Checking my notes from a 2007 Wrangler Unlimited, I followed this info from Bulldog, Audiovox and Ready Remote :
Parking Lights (+)   WHITE/ Orange (L) & WHITE/ Purple (R)    in passenger kick, harness to rear
WHITE/ ORANGE IS LEFT PARKING LIGHT AND WHITE/ VIOLET IS RIGHT PARKING LIGHT,
MUST USE BOTH AND DIODE ISOLATE EACH WIRE.
Your CS2471TW Yellow Parking Light Output is rated at 15 Amps. Obtain two 6 or 8 Amp diodes and split the
output wire, connecting to both vehicle wires listed above with the diodes bands away from the CS2471TW.
Soldering is fun!
shafferny 
Copper - Posts: 240
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2013 at 7:00 AM / IP Logged  
Alternatively, you could use two relays to isolate the left and right parking lights, but it's much simpler to use diodes. Here's the diagram for the use of relays.
2007 jeep wrangler -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic