icon

2006 ford f350 super duty tach issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Msp541 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2013 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2006 Ford F350 Superduty and installing a auto page remote starter and my DEI paperwork states that the tach wire is:On diesel vehicles the tach wire is lt. GREEN / WHITE in a 5 wire harness held up with white tape behind the parking brake release. I have looked for this lt. GREEN / WHITE wire and all i find is some wires for a trailer plug hookup wrapped in white tape and no connections on 8 wires that i found. I cannot find this 5 wire harness they state is behind the parking brake, is there another way to hook up this tach wire? I am stuck trying to complete this remote starter since it stays running for about 5-10 seconds then shuts down and wants to retry to start. Hope someone can help. Thank you! 2006 ford f350 super duty tach issue -- posted image.
Thanks, Bri
cmk0808ny 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2013 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  
I believe it is in the group of wires for the upfitter switches. I think it is a wire that is just there no termination. Left side of wheel by parking brake pedal.
Msp541 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2013 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
thanks so much for your help!
Thanks, Bri
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2013 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
Just did one last Sunday. The wire has some heat shrink on the end.   Of its a 6.0L diesel. You will want to get a tach inverter like the dei 454T or the ford part # 5C3Z-17C304-AA. I've never used the 454T but I've heard good things. The ford one Is really easy power, ground, tach signal in , tach signal out and that's it. You can leave the module under the dash. But the 454T you need to leave it under the hood.   Easy truck to do
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
cmk0808ny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2013 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
I have done the 6.0L without the tach generator. Just hooked to the wire under the dash and programmed tach. Every truck starts great every time. I do a lot of work for Ford dealers so I have done quite a few.
chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2013 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
I think it depends on the system being installed. The ford code stuff doesn't seem to reliably start without the generator. I too do alot of Ford work. I've been at the same dealer for close to 13 years now
cmk0808ny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2013 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
Yea. I agree the Ford system needs it. But I have talked my dealers into aftermarket for price and reliability. I use DEI all the time and it programs with no issues.
chev104275 
Posted: October 21, 2013 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  
I prefer the dei stuff too. But lately it seems they've been having issues. Learning tach and keeping it. It seems it works during install then quits in a few weeks. I end up doing a lot of virtual tach or voltage on the newer black remote 4103s. They used to be great (green button ones) would learn tach and I wouldn't have any issues.
The only reason I do the ford stuff is for the lifetime warranty for the customer.
cmk0808ny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2013 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
I use the 4113 for the most part. Now I always use virtual tach. Never had a come back yet. I only do tach if I absolutely need to.
The ford stuff is at most 3/36 warranty if installed as a new vehicle. If its used, its 12/12. The warranty stinks and trying to get it replaced if it goes bad is a nightmare.
chev104275 
Posted: October 21, 2013 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
I do mostly 4103s. The dealer I work for does lifetime parts and customer pays labor after the first year. Really easy to get stuff covered under warranty. The parts dept get the parts for me. I just tell them what I want and they get it. And the service writers make the ro and tell the customer.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic