icon

07 ion no starter wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
coolen 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2013 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged  
Well, tis' the season once again for remote starters. I have a customer who now owns a 07 ion. After a bit of research I've come to learn that there is no conventional starter wire. This is the first vehicle I've come across like this. My question is, is the Idatalink module ADS-AL-CA the solution for this? I know it'll be the fix for the anti theft, but i'm just not too sure on the starter wire issue.
Thanks
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2013 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  
It should be fine. I have done about 6 cars that didn't have the traditional starter wire and they have all worked without issues. I used DB-ALL for those installs.
The first one I did it seemed odd not to connect a starter wire, but it works as described. Just did a 2010 Jeep last week, no starter wire.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
coolen 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2013 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  
I've never used the express kits. The only local distributor around me for those is Canadian tire- and I'm sure they're over priced. I've always had good success with Idatalink.
So you think the ADAalca will perform the same as the xpress kit?
Thanks again
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2013 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  

Actually, much better than the DB-ALL... (   07 ion no starter wire -- posted image. , Mr. Smoke )     Have done a bunch of Canyon / Colorado's with ADS AL(DL) GM4, very easy and stable.

Soldering is fun!
coolen 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2013 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
Does it really matter which idata I choose?
thanks
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2013 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
Either the ADS AL CA or the ADS DL will work and perform the same functions when flashed with the appropriate GM4 firmware.  The ADS DL is slightly less expensive but sometimes harder to get.  What brand R/S system are you using?
Soldering is fun!
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2013 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
07 ion no starter wire -- posted image. Back at ya Kreg...lol
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
coolen 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2013 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  
I'll be using the prostart unit. I've installed them so many times, and I've only had one fail. When looking at specs for idatalink products, how do I know for sure what each unit can do for me. For example, where the ion has no start wire, in the idatalink descriptions it doesn't identify that. know what I mean?
thanks
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2013 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
You just dont connect a starter wire from the remote start. There are alot of GM vehicles like this. The starter cranks when the IGN1 has power and the ACC wire loses power. Use whatever bypass module you want that works on the car and connect everything as you normally would except the starter wire.
coolen 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2013 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  
I picked up my module today- paid a bit more than I was expecting but it is what it is........
I would like to thank all of you that took the time to respond. I'll be doing the install tomorrow.
I sooooooooo hope all goes well!!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic