icon

1999 gmc safari newb viper5704

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bbourque940 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2013 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
I don't feel I did too great on this harness I wasnt sure which are switched & which are constant.. idk
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2013 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  

The H3 harness confuses everyone the first time.  The wire descriptions are a little vague.

Basically all the Viper Red and RED / ??? fused wires go to a +12V constant power source.
Viper   1999 Safari
H3/1 pink ignition 1 input/output.    (pink@ ignition harness)
H3/2 RED / white fused 30a input ignition2/flex relay (Red @ ignition harness) 
H3/3 orange accessory output        (orange wire @ignition harness)
H3/4 violet starter output car side of starter kill     (yellow starter side of vehicle @ ignition harness)
h3/5 green starter input key side of starter kill       (yellow key side of vehicle@ ignition harness)
H3/6 red fused 30a ignition 1 input   (Red @ ignition harness)  
H3/7 pink/white ignition 2/fpex relay output   ( pink/white or white@ ignition harness)
H3/8 pink/black flex relay input 87a key side of flex relay. (Not used)
H3/9 RED / black fused 30 amp accessory/starter input.       (Red @ ignition harness)

Check and test the ignition switch harness closely.  There are probably more that one +12V constant power

wires.  They might be Red and / or RED / White.  Split the Vipers load between them.

Soldering is fun!
bbourque940 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2013 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
Gotcha Thanks much
bbourque940 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2013 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
well I got It all wired up everything seems to work besides remote start, when I hit the remote start the parking lights flash 7 times and says remote start error. I already try putting it into automatic mode any idears?
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2013 at 4:47 AM / IP Logged  

Yes, keep trying.  1999 gmc safari newb viper5704 - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.  While you think you got it into Auto Trans Mode, you didn't.  ( There have been a number of posts on this same issue.)  Without a BitWriter, there is no way to verify the programming options, just trail and error.  Programming the unit with the remotes can be a real PITA.  1999 gmc safari newb viper5704 - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Did you connect the Tach Input wire to the ECM and get a successful Tach Learn?

Did you plug in the Neutral Safety Switch and turn it to ON?

Almost done!!!!   1999 gmc safari newb viper5704 - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
bbourque940 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2013 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  
well the remote start works now I was just having a hard time getting into automatic mode but after using the 5701 manual you recommended, It started right up!
Thank you so much for your help I could not have done it without your help, and I feel I learned alot through the install which will help me get the most from my system. Hmmm that turbo timer feature would be great on my volvo.
Thanks again.
bbourque940 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2013 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  
So lastnight around 9:00 or so I went inside to make something to eat after soldering & routing all my security wires on the van, I was inside for about 15mins.. generally i don't see any trick or treators on my block. its a nice neighborhood, right by the water. But the Street i live on is a really dark & quite street. so Anyhow when I went back outside to the van (parked in my driveway infront of the garage) I hear lite voices & spot two mountain bikes parked at the rear of my van. As I walked over I see a man with his hands cuffed around his face peeking in my rear window & a women peeking in my drivers door. "Excuse me" I said.. They excitedly stepped away from my van trick or treat the man said. I humored him and said "oh you don't wanna see my trick & the treat ain't sweet" at this point the man is trying to explain & the woman just starred blankly. I told him I don't wanna hear anything he had to say and to get lost. So they gladly jumped on their bikes and left. My guess is they were using Halloween as an excuse to peek in people's windows & walk up in their yards. well my van is full of tools 2.5 hp portable compressor, dewalt power tools, milwaukee, snap-on, klein, fluke, field piece, I work in hvac & keep all my automotive tool's and hvac tool's and equipment in this van. so they got a peek of the stuff im sure.
Well would you believe it @ around 2:30am my newly installed viper alarmed me to wake up, I thought to myself "no way had I wired something wrong. I disarmed it as I walked outside to see the same man as earlier, but this time in my passenger seat frantically trying to pull and break the lock handle on my vans Partition, I announced myself & I let him see that treat we had discussed earlier. He ran so fast back to the getaway vehicle Dodge caravan. I managed to get the plate number. And hopefully some fingerprints. Wow! On the very night I get the security system functioning. Im am just thankful he didn't make away with anything.
kreg357 
Posted: November 01, 2013 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
Looks like the Viper Alarm system has already paid for itself!   1999 gmc safari newb viper5704 - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.  Just be ready for a lot of install requests from friends and family when they hear about your new Viper system...
Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic