startsmart blinking amber/no activation

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikeinnj 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2013 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
Hey all,
I have the Viper 5101/DB-All successfully installed in a 2013 CC. Everything works great. However, I got a DSM100 module for it to enable StartSmart. Connected 12V/Ground and the data plug to the 5101 brain. The green LED went solid green (so connection to Viper is all good), but the amber LED would just fast blink and did so for two days until I exchanged it out for another DSM100.
Now this new DSM100, green LED is solid as usual, but amber now quickly blinks 4 times, then solid for a moment, then repeats. According to the Directed knowledge base article, this means that it is receiving a firmware update (http://kb.directed.com/KnowledgebaseArticle12172.aspx). It has now been about 6 hours since install and it is still blinking this way. I am in a very populated area, so cell service is not an issue. The module is at the top of the dash, clear view of the sky, color label face up. Still will not activate. Not sure if these are just a bad batch or what. They are refurbs, getting to be a pain shipping back and forth.
Could it really take this long to get a firmware update? This is getting nuts. I'm about to just spend the money and go for a DSM200...
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2013 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged  
Did you plug it into the dball or remote start?
If you plug into remote start wire smart start in esp mode.
if you plug into dball incase of rsr wire smart start in d2d. Activate
by either grounding appropriate color or cutting loop of the appropriate color.
mikeinnj 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2013 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  
I have it plugged into the remote start; the DSM100 does not have a D2D connector like the DSM200. It only has the black 3 pin connector and 12v/gnd. I don't think I'm supposed to cut the loop. Any ideas?
mikeinnj 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2013 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  
Also, I just went out and bought a brand new DSM-200, hooked that up to the ESP port/12v/Ground. Green light comes on but NOW, the amber just blinks slowly from the time I plug it in, non-stop like it can't pick up a network. WHAT IS WRONG WITH DIRECTED! 3 modules, one of which is brand new. First one just flashed like crazy and never did anything, the second flashed as per firmware update, but never did anything. And now this one flashes slowly (finding network) and never does anything. wth. Getting really frustrated by all this. I have the WHITE/ gray wires open for ESP install as per the guide. Though that should not even matter since this is the network connection we are dealing with.
mikeinnj 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2013 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
Just to update again; patience is a virtue.
I let it sit outside, connected, slow blinking amber (aka searching for service) and it eventually connected right as I got in the car to take it back to the store. All activated now. Pretty awesome.
alinvictor 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2014 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
I have a similar situation and I wonder if i can get some help. I installed my VSS4000 witch includes a DSM100.
After power up the DSM goes slow amber for few seconds, then Green comes on solid and few second later Amber starts flashing quickly. It will stay flashing quick for about 10 minutes then goes back to slow for few second followed again by rapid flashing for more minutes...
Can anyone help with advises?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic