the12volt.com spacer
icon

remote start, 2010 jeep compass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vlopddap 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2013 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vlopddap
I just finish to install a ProStart CT-3271 with an XpressKit XK09 bypass module. Both are DIRECTED products that are perfectly compatible. The XK09 bypass is loaded with CHRYSLER 3.02 firmware as well.
After installation I had no trouble programming the XK09 in less than 10 seconds... but the remote start module just don't do NOTHING...
When I tried to put the module in "PROGRAM MODE", neither by using the hood switch procedure or the program button in the unit. None do the trick. The +12V and ground are right however. I'm supposed to press button 4 SEC then parking light light on... but it never happen.
Here's my wiring diagram. My truck is a 2010 JEEP COMPASS which is a brand who support like 99% of D2D function on the module. Wiring connected are in YELLOW, other are not plugged. Sorry for the 2nd diagram, manual are in FRENCH.
Do you see something missing/suspicious in my wiring??
remote start, 2010 jeep compass -- posted image.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2013 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

The only thing I see missing is the CT3271 Orange (+) Brake Input wire.  That function is not handled by the XK09 and needs to be hardwired to the vehicle.

Not a ProStart user, so can't help too much.

Soldering is fun!
yellow_cake 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2013 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote yellow_cake
Does the prostart show any signs that it has power? When you plug it in, do you hear any relays clicking?
Also, where do you have the power and ground connected to for the prostart?
vlopddap 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2013 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vlopddap
yellow_cake wrote:
Does the prostart show any signs that it has power? When you plug it in, do you hear any relays clicking?
Also, where do you have the power and ground connected to for the prostart?
Yes, I ear some relay clicking sound inside Prostart module.
vlopddap 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2013 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vlopddap
kreg357 wrote:

The only thing I see missing is the CT3271 Orange (+) Brake Input wire.  That function is not handled by the XK09 and needs to be hardwired to the vehicle.

Not a ProStart user, so can't help too much.

In fact ProStart is another DIRECTED brand family, same as AstroStart, Viper, Clifford, etc. They are use the same base and components.
I admit it's just a single more wire to hook... maybe I'll not take a chance and connect it. But capture from XpressKit website :
yellow_cake 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2013 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote yellow_cake
Is the hood pin installed into a metal grounded surface?
Also, when you tried to enter programming mode using the small push button, did you have the Grey hood wire grounded? That wire must be at ground in order to enter programming mode with the push button.
This is how you would do it with the push button:
1) Ground the grey hood switch wire. 2) Press & hold button for 4 sec, release the button and parking lights will turn on for 1 sec. While lights are still on, press the button once & release right away. Now the parking lights should stay on for 20 seconds, in this time you can select a menu... Once you're done, return the grey hood switch wire back in it's place & close the hood.
yellow_cake 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2013 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote yellow_cake
If the steps I showed you for the push button procedure works and the hood switch procedure doesn't work, then your hood switch is not proving ground while hood is open for what ever reason.
yellow_cake 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2013 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote yellow_cake
You are right about the foot brake status. I think Kreg went on the fact that it wasn't shown as an optional W2W connection in the diagram (I made the same assumption).
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2013 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Sorry, you are correct on the Brake signal.  It is one of those "D2D only" signals and should be handled OK by the D2D harness connection.

Soldering is fun!
vlopddap 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2013 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vlopddap
I finally give a call to DIRECTED technical support and the technician told me my remote start module is probably defective because all wire is okay and parking light SHOULD light up on any way... it's the basics, so if they don't light, an internal relay is DOA.
I finally change my mind and go the RSR easy way... I hook my XK09 module onto the ignition harness, clear it and reload it as standalone RSR and job done! My Jeep start with factory keyless remote in less than 30 minutes installation.
Thx guys for all your help.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic