icon

dei valet 551r programming

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
j785 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2013 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  
Hi all, i'm new to this forum and have been reading quite a bit of good info, but I can't find my answer.
I've recently installed a Valet 551R that I had laying around for years. I was able to program the remotes and the unit works great, but I can not seem to change the features. I followed the proper instructions,( key on then off,press the valet switch the number of times to select the feature, then hold valet switch and press the remote, release valet switch). I'm trying to disable the auto lock when ignition is on, and i want constant parking lights. Any and all tips would be appreciated. Thank you
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 24, 2013 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
You have to follow the instructions exactly as they say. So...
Ignition on then off
For option 5 (flashing parking lights) Press programming button 6 times, holding in on the 6th press. The LED will flash 5 times confirming you are on the correct option. Then press the II button (Channel 2).
Do the same thing for the other options (10 and 11). Remember, press it the number of times it shows in the chart, and once more holding it in on the last press. The I button is the "LED ON" option, the II button is "LED OFF" option.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
j785 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2013 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, that's what I've been doing and still nothing. As if it doesn't recognize the remote buttons. I'm wondering if it had anything to do with me programming the remotes to function I as the start and II as the unlock? I never programmed the timer.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 24, 2013 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, if you programmed button I as start, you programmed it as "Channel 3". The unit needs to see Channels 1 and 2 to switch between settings.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
j785 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2013 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
OK I will reprogram the remotes back to stock and try again and post tomorrow. Thank you for your help
j785 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2013 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
OK, I've reprogrammed the remotes to factory specs and I was able to change the features. Thank you for replying to my question.
j785 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2014 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
ok one more question please, im installing this 551r into my daughters 1995 nissan sentra( i know its old but its got low mileage and its in nice shape) do i need to hook up the 2nd start wire? if so, do i just add another relay? I have it jumped to the 1st start wire via the same relay at the monment, im wondering if this is causing an engine flood condition, its has flooded twice on me since Nov.2013. Thank you

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic