icon

stellar bypass module for 2005 4runner

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
clirizarry 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2013 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
Got a Stellar RS1050 remote start with a Stellar bypass module, for my 2005 Toyota 4runner; 6 cyl, power locks, with dealer installed alarm system.
The following schematic http://carlosirizarry.com/PDF/BYPASS.pdf was sent after much contacting Johhny Law Motors Tech Support and Stellar Tech Support.
My questions are:
1) Which of the 2 schematics is appropriate for my 4Runner? Is it Passcode 1 or 2? Or is it VATS? Can't find an answer online.
2) Does anyone know what are the ECM wires the diagram alludes to?
Neither the distributor, or Hoffman Group (makers of Stellar)Tech support can indicate where their bypass module connects to the ECM on my car, stating that "I got to figure that one out because they have no specific vehicle installation information".
Funny...They sold me the stuff stating it was for my car.
I have installed many stereos and alarm systems since 1978 and I am an Electrical Engineer, but without specific knowledge on this model bypass, or information from one of you folks, I cannot decipher where the connections to the ECM are.
I did find in this site a post on a 791 Bypass in a 2005 4Runner, but since the bypass models are different I am not so sure the connections to the ECM are the same.
triniforever 
Copper - Posts: 323
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2013 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
Passlock 1 and Passlock 2 are only found on GM vehicles .If I'm not mistaken the 4Runner has a 40 bit encrypted transponder based key and that Bypass you have will probably not work.
triniforever
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2013 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
Boy, I'm confused.  The answer is "None of the above".  Your vehicle is a Toyota 4Runner and the bypass module diagram
is for a GM vehicle.  Passlock1, Passlock2 and VATS are only found in GM vehicles.  Your 4Runner has a Toyota designed
ignition immobilizer system in it that would require a bypass module like the Fortin Key-OverRide-ALL.  Here is a link to the
Key-OverRide-ALL guide  :  https://ifar.ca/download/656/key-override-all_toyota_4runner_%282003-2009%29.rev-a.pdf
Soldering is fun!
triniforever 
Copper - Posts: 323
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2013 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry for the double post Kreg .
triniforever
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2013 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
No problem, we were both on the same wave length.  You are a faster typist than me...  stellar bypass module for 2005 4runner - Last Post -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
sean11901 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2013 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
check out the xpresskit xk05 for immobilizer bypass..
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 04, 2013 at 7:37 AM / IP Logged  
I've never heard of that brand, Stellar. I did look it up online, and found the RS1050 unit on Amazon. Overpriced, and doesn't come with any remotes, and we forum members won't be able to help a whole lot, since it'll be unfamiliar to most of us. I would return it and get a more popular brand.
It looks like that unit it supposed to be triggered by the OEM remotes, by locking and/or unlock the doors in a certain sequence. That's all and well if you can live with the limited range of the OEM remotes, but since the OEM remotes also don't work with the engine running, you'll be forced to unlock the door with the key after remote starting. That'll drive you crazy.
Prestige APS57CA, APS57C (has no horn output), or the Avital 4103 would be good choices.
Also, the seller who has provided you that diagram is way off. Both of those systems (VATS and Passlock) are for General Motors cars, and even GM doesn't use those systems anymore.
Your bypass options are the following:
---Spare key in a box: Look up DEI 556U, Code Alarm COD-UTI, the Bulldog 791 you mentioned.
---Data module: Three easy connections to the car: The keysense wire (shows ground when key is in ignition), and two data wires at the illuminated ring around the keyhole.
These modules cost more money, but you don't have to give up any of your existing keys.
Flashlogic FLTB1, and the Fortin KEY-OVERRIDE-ALL are good choices, and come pre-programmed with what you need. DEI's PKALL is just a rebadged key-override-all; this would work too. Fortin EVO-ALL is also pre-programmed and would also work, but is expensive and overkill for your application.
Flashlogic FLCAN, and DEI DB-ALL would work too, but they are also more than you need, and furthermore, require a special cable to program the firmware, so don't buy these unless you are equipped to program them.
clirizarry 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2013 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you all for your input. I will be returning the units to seller and will check your suggestions before I dive into anything, just taking the sellers word for it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic