icon

smart start experts

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dkjeep 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2013 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
It states it on pages 9 and 15 clearly in bold print with an exclamation mark next to it for the manual for my application.
I'm so lost. I really wanted this to work.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2013 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  
Which type install are you doing? 3 a, b or c? Was there a remote starter already in the Jeep connected to the DB-ALL?
Since it states to ground the grey wire and you don't have one, maybe the brown should be the (-) ground. I looked at a VSM200 I have on hand and it has a brown and white loop. No Grey.
Did you connect the modules in the specific order stated? Damage to the DB-ALL could occur. Page 15 install guide.
And where does it state to cut a wire. Just wondering. I didn't see it.
EDIT: I see on the SmartStart install guide it states to cut the brown wire for D2D, but I believe that is for connection to a remote start system, not a DB-All.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
smokeman1 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2013 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
I took a DB-ALL, 12volt and ground only, and connected it to a VSM200 with the White D2D, grounded the brown wire.
Only got the solid amber light. Unplugged the DB-ALL, grounded the white, got the solid amber and then got a solid green for a moment, then both LEDs flashed a few times, flashing amber, solid amber, no green.
I can only guess since I don't have the proper connections to the vehicle It won't get a solid Green.
I then connected the vsm200 to a bench test Viper unit I have and acquired solid LED on amber and green.
You might have to SWAG it. (Sophisticated, Wild Ass Guess)
dkjeep 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2013 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
Man thank you so much. I am going to try everything that you mentioned when I get home tomorrow and I will report back and let you know what happens. I read to cut the brown loop on another setup sheet for the dsm200 somewhere online. I have been having to piece together info out of several Information pdf files.
dkjeep 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2013 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
Also the jeep does not have a factory remote start and I have followed the instructions to the letter on the connection order. I read the instructions thoroughly before I started this.
dkjeep 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2013 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  
Well crap. I tried everything thatyou sai dthat you did and nothing worked. No matter how I had it setup I would get a green light flash and that was it. The orange works perfect every time but the green will only flash once when plugged in and thats it.
Any other ideas?
dkjeep 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2013 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I traced the wires in the extension harness that goes between the smart start and the dball and the transmit and receive wires were not in the same order as they were coming out of the smart start. I used a pic to carefully remove them form the connector and switched them around and BOOM!!!!! its working. All that crap because the wires were flipped around form the factory. Thanks for trying guys but in the end nobody could have figured this out without being here.
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2013 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
By chance was there an addendum leaflet in the smartstart packaging?
Advanced
smokeman1 
Posted: December 20, 2013 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
So, the wire colors didn't match up at the black connector? Just wondering.
dkjeep 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2013 at 2:48 AM / IP Logged  
Correct the red and black wires were matched up for power but the blue and green were not. I just didn't catch it until today when I was really looking at everything through a microscope.
I saw no additional reading material in the package mentioning this even being a possibility if that is what you were referring to.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic