icon

diy window module kinda

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
booba5185 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2013 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
Hey everyone, I've used this site 1,000s of times, but I think this is my first post. I'm pretty descent when it comes to electronics, but this kinda has me stumped. I've talked to a few engineers at work, and they seem relatively stumped as well. What I'm looking for is some sort of schematic or diagram that will show my how to built a circuit. What I'm trying to accomplish is rolling my windows up AND down on the same AUX channel of my remote start. So basically, when I trigger the alarm, it'll send +12V to one contact (we'll call it pin A) then the next time I trigger the alarm, it'll send +12v to another contact (Pin B). Of course, Pin A and Pin B can not have +12v at the same time. Also, I know that my remote start system provides a ground trigger, but I can utilize a relay to change it into a +12v trigger if needed. One engineer at my work told me to look up a bipolar junction, but that just seems to be a transistor...IE a solid state relay, and that doesn't seem to be helping me...Do you guys have any input on the subject? Thanks for any help in advance!
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2013 at 1:17 AM / IP Logged  
Typical engineers! So they could not envisage a toggle or changeover system (triggered by the "on" edge) and a relay that stays energised whilst the button is pressed?
The toggle could be a flip flip or similar.
See if that helps them.
If they are the engineers that adjust locomotive steam valves or build structures then I retract my "Typical engineers!" above.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 18, 2013 at 6:58 AM / IP Logged  
You can buy modules for this exact purpose. It would be much easier to buy one then it would be to build one, because to build one you have to build safety in to it (for both the window motors and people and animals).
The switching part is easy - you use two SPDT relays. The NC contact on both relays is connected to ground, the common of both relays is connected to the respective motor wire, and the NO contact of both relays is connected to 12vdc. You then energize the respective coil (one relay will be up the other down).
The trick is monitor to current going to the window motor and shut off the output when the current spikes. The high end units will do multiple windows at a time and will monitor all the currents at one time. The lower end units will do windows one at a time.
Kevin Pierson
booba5185 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2013 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the responses guys, I work in a scroll machining factory, so the engineer deal with the programing...mostly. As far as the protection, I have one touch modules (automatic circuit breakers) on all directions of all my windows. I've tested them on a closed Gatorade bottle and they do stop without too much pressure. I tried it on my hand and it does pinch it pretty hard, but not enough to do any actual damage. I intend to use relays for the set up of course, but how would that 2 relay setup do up AND down? My plans are to have both up and down fed off of the same ground trigger (or +12v trigger if need be). I'm at work right now, but I'll draw up a schematic when I get home, when I visually see it I'll probably understand it better.
booba5185 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2013 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  
I guess the schematic that I need help with is something that will energize one relay when it receives the trigger from the alarm, and then will energize the other relay the next time it receives the same trigger from the alarm.
booba5185 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2013 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, I don't mean to be posting multiple times like this, but I don't have access to edit my posts til I hit 50. This is what I currently have in the car, and it works fine. I'll be having the alarm system, trigger these: http://www.grandprixforums.net/showthread.php?t=82839
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2013 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
could this be a DEI 611T application?
yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
booba5185 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2013 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  
I don't see how the 611t would help my situation. I have the windows on a solid state circuit breaker(one touch module) as it is, so I don't need a timer or anything like that. I need something that when it receives a trigger (+ or -, I change it to what I need it to be with a SPDT relay), it will output a trigger (+ or -) on Pin A, then the next time it receives the SAME trigger, it'd output a trigger (+ or -) on Pin B. If the 611T can accomplish this, please correct me. I haven't found many details on the 611T.
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2013 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  

the manual is on this site and all over the www.

look for it.

yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
booba5185 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2013 at 12:47 AM / IP Logged  
I've read it. The 611t doesn't look like it'll do what I want. All it does is connect the brown and yellow wires together when it's activated. That's not what I need. In order for it to work, I would need the brown wire to get a (+ or -) signal whenever the green wire was triggered (+ or -). Then the next time the green wire received that SAME trigger again, a (+ or -) trigger would be output to the yellow wire.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic