icon

Viper 4103xv, 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
robstout3 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2013 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
Well hopefully someone can shine us some light on the alarm outputs.
The hood switch makes sense when you put it like that.
Im with you on tht 12v ign input also.
Im gonna read your link on door locks here in a minute.
Not planning on usung any alarm. There is not one on the remote start and i dont believe there is an actual alarm on the car other than the pk3 in the ignition anf the theftlock on the radio. But i guess thats why theres no door trigger on my paperwork.
burntkat 
Copper - Posts: 143
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2013 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, don't know if you've seen these vehicle-specific pages in your research:
-Another install on a 2001 Grand Prix:
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~8793
-Bulldog security page for your exact vehicle:
(it's an Active Server Page, ecause Microsoft is stupid, so you can't direct-link)
.... so go to :
http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/
under support, click "Vehicle Wiring Diagrams". Then scroll down to your make, model, year.
This site is another treasure-trove of info:
http://www.readyremote.com/main.asp
burntkat 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2013 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  
robstout3 wrote:
Not planning on usung any alarm. There is not one on the remote start and i dont believe there is an actual alarm on the car other than the pk3 in the ignition anf the theftlock on the radio. But i guess thats why theres no door trigger on my paperwork.
In this case I have what may be a very stupid question:
How is it you plan to remotely start the vehicle, without an alarm of some sort to interface with this unit? Did yours come with a receiver and keyfob remote?
robstout3 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2013 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  
Yes mine came with the brain box and 2 remotes for start, lock, unlock and trunk open
burntkat 
Posted: December 28, 2013 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  
Well in this case that seems a lot more clear as to why you'd be surprised there's no door pinswitches on the unit.
I guess it makes sense, though- you wouldn't want it triggering the alarm via the door pinswitch, when you're just trying to get into your running car.
I am still a little confused, in my case, as to how the alarm will know to ignore the shock sensor (and door pinswitches) when the car is running under RS. I will obviously have to isolate my door pinswitches from the hood and tailgate switches (I'd originally planned to run them all to the same circuit as the doors).
This is why I've been going through this slowly, though. It gives me time to chew onthings, consider the consequences of actions, and end up with a well-designed system that is completely stable, well-built, without being a tangled mess.
That said- I am sitting here with about 50 wires spread across my table, and a half-dozen relays... and finding I will likely need more. But I will be successful- I've performed engine swaps into vehicles that required more wires than this.
robstout3 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2013 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  
haha yeah..Id take engine swaps and/or rebuilds all day before i would this mess.
burntkat 
Posted: January 01, 2014 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
New info:
Regarding the 4-pin Satellite harness:
I don't know what they're all for, but I know what Pin 1 (Blue) is for:
It's to interface with Zone 1 of DEI Alarms (and surely others, but zone will differ) IAW the following extract from a Hornet 740T Install Manual:
DEI Hornet 740T Installation Manual, Page 19 wrote:
[Bold]bypassing sensor inputs[/Bold]
There are times when you need to temporarily bypass all sensor inputs to the unit, such as when remote starting
the vehicle. Anytime an auxiliary channel output is used, all inputs are bypassed for 5 seconds. During the
5 second bypass period, ground can be supplied to the H1/6 BLUE wire without triggering the unit. When the 5
second bypass period ends, if the unit detects ground on the H1/6 BLUE wire, all trigger inputs except the door
trigger input will remain bypassed until 5 seconds after ground is removed from the BLUE wire. This can be done
using the status output of a 551T or 561T remote start unit as shown below:
So what it does is it grounds out that Zone, and by internal logic in the DEI ACU (Alarm Control Unit), it tells the ACU to ignore ALL Zones for the duration, until it loses the Ground on Z1....
This answers the question I had- "how does the Avital 4003L Add-On Remote Start interface with the Alarm and tell it to ignore all sensors while under Remote Start?"
And yes, can also run strobes, and probably the Anti-Grind. ;)
burntkat 
Posted: January 01, 2014 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
Oh, clarifying:
This will disable all sensors on the alarm, EXCEPT the Door Pin input (Green wire on DEI products).
And of course you're probably asking why I am telling you about the 740T alarm system, when you CLEARLY state you don't have one, right? :)
Well, I x-ref'd to the RS unit install instructions, and it clearly shows that the Blue wire of the Satellite harness is providing the same "(-) Status Output". Easy, peasy... just don't forget to diode-isolate, with the silver band facing the RS unit.
Now, in your case- you don't have an alarm, so don't need this.
The Purple and Pink wires on the Satellite Harness (Starter Output, and Ignition Output, both (-)), could probably be used for an ignition kill. I'll have to look into that farther, but I don't think you'd have to concern yourself with it, anyway.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic