the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2014 kia soul key start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,424
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2013 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
Just finished an install on one. This one has no factory alarm and no auto lights but it does have factory anti grind.
Just a heads up readyremote.com has the correct wiring (its different than the previous years).
The only issues I ran into was the locks. If the car is locked with either the factory remote or door switch. After a min or so the aftermarket remote won't unlock the doors. I ended up hooking up the factory disarm wire to the disarm wire in the car (again no factory alarm) and it seems to work normal now.
I tried to make a pictorial but the pics came out horrible. Wasn't worth it I will try again on the next one.
Happy New Year Stay Safe
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2013 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  

Oh, no!   KIA has a GEM module!      2014 kia soul key start -- posted image.       Thanks for the update.  Still no transponder in the U.S. market vehicles?

I have those camera problems, too, usually focus and washed out wire colors.

and a Happy New Year, back at you, sir!

Soldering is fun!
buddholly 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2013 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
No transponder unless its a PTS system in the US, but I think they keep making the ignition harness shorter and shorter just mess with us.
Did you do tech doc 1300 for the lock/unlock? I'm having good luck using my workaround, no diodes or relay required. Slight delay on unlock but I've had no complaints on it so far.
chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2013 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
No transponder just the newer Kia integrated flip fob and key combo. The factory remotes don't work when the car is running. I did a 4103 in that one
Buddholy you are correct the ingition harness is really short
I've never done that tech doc. Don't think I've ever seen it. What is your workaround ?
buddholly 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2013 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
I think they've revised it since this one was added to the downloads section, I will have to add the new one tomorrow.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=1085
Most of the kia/hyundais since about 2006-07 have a detection wire that needs to be integrated to get the doors to successfully lock and unlock. I always double pulse the detection wire using factory disarm, double pulse the key unlock wire with the unlock wire, and either have to pulse the lock or key lock wire depending on the vehicle. If you look at the wiring diagram under factory arm and disarm, you will see what I mean by the key lock and key unlock wires. The unlock always has a slight delay (most likely due to the double pulse) but nothing really noticable to the client. Lock works but not sure if it arms the factory alarm or not, most I have worked on haven't had factory alarm so it's no concern.
chev104275 
Posted: December 28, 2013 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
I knew about the lock detection wire. May have to give your way a try. I usually use the 2 turn unlock relay diode isolated from the unlock wire. A single pulse on the wire unlocks the drivers door and wakes up the bcm and then the unlock wire does the rest of the doors.
buddholly 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2013 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
Please do and let me know. I've done it on a 2013 Sportage, 2012 Rio, 2007 Santa Fe and a 2010 Sorento all this year with success and quite a few vehicles last year. The only thing that seems to vary is whether you need to pulse the lock or key lock wire.
chev104275 
Posted: December 28, 2013 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
I do tons of Kia vehicles. Did 4 today 14 forte, 13 soul, 14 soul, 13 rio.
buddholly 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2013 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
Staying busy then haha, I'm booked out until 1/22 already..We do lots of them too. What remote starts are you normally installing?
chev104275 
Posted: December 28, 2013 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
Mostly dei 4103 and 4113s
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic