icon

xk06 won't program

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jnz1 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2014 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
Brown wire is not connected. I've went through the wiring a few times and it's exactly as the instructions show on the diagram.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2014 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  
I happen to have a xk06 in my stash of stuff. Here is what I did.
I flashed it with the PLXR 3.0. I plugged it into the 10 pin harness it flashed three times. I pressed the button once, it flashed once, press again, it LED flashed twice. Press and hold the program button. The LED flashed to lock in passlock 2. The LED stayed solid.
I then unplugged the xk06 from the harness and then plugged it back in, LED flashed two times to indicate passlock 2.
I did this both hard wire, (only red to 12v & black to ground), and d2d on a bench test setup I have. The passlock selection worked each time.
The white wire at the ignition connector is cut?
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
jnz1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2014 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
So from that point it's the same as I have I've gotten it to program to passlock 2, and I can unplug it and plug it back in and it has two blinks. However, once I turn the key to ignition and hold the program button the led flashes and then it seems to exit programming as holding the program button does nothing on the next step of programming while the key is cranking. I've noticed the car does not start by key when the xk06 is reset, but once I program the first ignition and it shuts off the car will start with the key so it's got to be learning something. I can snap a few pictures of the ignition harness, but I've triple checked everything and it matches the diagram perfectly. Is it possible it's only passlock 1?
smokeman1 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2014 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
Could try passock 1. Take a photo if possible. If you put a key on the ignition will it remote start?
jnz1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2014 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
I'll snap a picture and I've tried the key in the ignition and the relays click the accessories come on rear defrost turns on, and it cycles 3 times then shuts down.
jnz1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2014 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  
No different than with the key out of the ignition.
smokeman1 
Posted: January 11, 2014 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
Are you getting any flashes from the parking lights after the three attempts to start?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2014 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  

Double check this one connection from the XK06 w/PLXR firmware :

The XK06 Orange wire should go to the Avital 4113 thick Purple (+) Starter wire. ( not the thin H2/2 Purple (-) Starter wire )

Soldering is fun!
smokeman1 
Posted: January 11, 2014 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
Check the shutdown diagnostics on page 42 of the install manual to see if it will tell us why it will not start.
I don't think this unit puts out any flashes of the parking lights.
jnz1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2014 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
I didn't update the post after, but I did connect the Orange wire from the xk06 to the heavy gauge purple wire. Also I don't see any parking light flashes, actually when I hit the button both headlights and parking lights come on.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic