viper 3305v in a 93 eagle talon

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cruzs2013sr5 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2014 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
(1993 Eagle Talon TSI AWD)
So i pretty much wired this thing in and ran into a problem when testing.
3305 Install instructions tell me to
Connect the (+ door trigger) violet wire to a wire that shows (+)12V when any door is opened. This wire will report Zone 3.
NOTE: If using a door trigger wire that has a delay, Advanced Menu 2, feature 6 or the 998T Bitwriter can be used to turn Bypass Notification off.
The door switch wire shows 0 volts when the door is open and 12 volts when closed. I don't understand that. I also know my car has a 6 second delay on dome light.
Can someone point me in the right direction.
Cruzer
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2014 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  
You are testing a GREEN/ Red wire in the talon, correct? That wire is a negative trigger, so it is testing correctly. You need to use the grren (- door trigger) wire off the viper, not the purple(+ door trigger) wire. The purple will not be used at all for the Talon.
ceasar326 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2014 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  
So what your saying is that it shows ground when open and 12 volt when closed. On that unit theres a violet wire for (+) and a Green wire for (-). In your case u should use the green wire for your door trigger. Don't use the violet, some cars the door triggers are (+).
cruzs2013sr5 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2014 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
Yes that is correct. I found the answer you just gave me on a youtube video. That's exactly what the video said too. Thank you so much. I will test tomorrow and see how it goes. Again thank you.
Cruzer
cruzs2013sr5 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2014 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
cruzs2013sr5 wrote:
Yes that is correct. I found the answer you just gave me on a youtube video. That's exactly what the video said too. Thank you so much. I will test tomorrow and see how it goes. Again thank you.
Ok, so i got the alarm to work, it arms, the siren sounds, the lights work but when its armed the the doors attempt to lock but do not lock. I can hear the locks move but it unlocks itself for some reason. Do i need to your diodes or something. And where would those be installed. Any help would be great. Thank you in advance.
Cruzer
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2014 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
some cars will not lock if the doors are open. The car is trying to prevent you from locking your keys in the car. Try closing the doors and then locking them.
cruzs2013sr5 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2014 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
flobee4 wrote:
some cars will not lock if the doors are open. The car is trying to prevent you from locking your keys in the car. Try closing the doors and then locking them.
The doors not locking happens when the doors are closed, alarm is armed and the remote shows doors closed but the doors fail to lock. It makes the sound but doesn't lock.
Cruzer
triniforever 
Copper - Posts: 323
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2014 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
Just a thought maybe you have the lock and unlock wires reversed from the alarm?
triniforever
triniforever 
Copper - Posts: 323
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2014 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
Then again if it shows closed on the remote then it might be some other issue
triniforever
cruzs2013sr5 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2014 at 12:25 AM / IP Logged  
triniforever wrote:
Then again if it shows closed on the remote then it might be some other issue
I switched the door lock wires around and that didn't change anything. Doors won't stay locked.
Cruzer
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic