icon

avital 4200 uninstall

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jshelpman 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2014 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  
I am new to this site and hope someone can help me out here.
I bought a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited about a month ago and it had an Avital 4200 remote start installed, the remote start doesn't work so I just wanted to remove it. It only came with one key(grey sentry) and fob (no factory fobs) so I was either going to go back to factory set up or get a keyless entry, the dealership wants way to much to program the factory fobs which I don't have and would have to purchase also. Anyway I looked over the wiring diagrams and went ahead and removed the avital 4200, the DEI 455J and the XCRS 500M. It all came out no problem but when I went to start the Jeep it wouldn't start, acted like when you try to start in gear. I plugged back in the XCRS 500M and it started right up. Is there something I did wrong or was something removed that I need to put back in? I only removed everything that was attached to the remote start system and only removed the wires that were spliced into the factory harnesses. Could it be that the pcm needs reprogrammed?
I was thinking of maybe going with the Avital 2101L keyless entry, would be a lot cheaper that factory set up. Don't need an alarm or remote start.
Would this problem stop me from getting a second key programmed?
I am lost and with all the great info on this site I figured someone could head me in the right direction so I don't have to go to the dealership
cmk0808ny 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2014 at 6:33 AM / IP Logged  
Check for the starter kill to be hooked up. Off the XCRS there will be a green and purple wire. Follow those. It will lead to the starter wire which is more than likely cut. Reconnect it and it should be fine.
jshelpman 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2014 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks, that makes perfect sense. I went back through the installation manual and looked at the wire diagram again and found what you are talking about. I'm not sure how I missed it but I will check it out this evening or tomorrow and let you know,
Thanks again, Love this site!
jshelpman 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2014 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
cmk0808ny, Took me awhile to get back to it but did exactly what you said and starts no problem. Thanks Again.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic