remote start problem, kia rondo, prostart

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
slavka012 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2014 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
I have a CT-3271 remote starter.
The vehicle has an immobilizer and RFID equipped keys, so the first time I tried the remote starter, it would crank the engine, but it would not start.
If I place the near keylock, it starts and everything works as it should.
Then I bought the Xpresskit security bypass (DBALL2). I programmed it with HKHT1 firmware. Connected it. The only one wire that did not connect is TACH-wire from xpresskit to the prostart. The TACH on the remote starter is connected to the vehicles TACH.
Now, when I press the button on the remote, the vehicles starts, but only for a second or so. The the engine shuts off.
Does anybody know what's going on? Any help would be appreciated.
slavka012 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2014 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  
The car is Kia Rondo, 2009
yellow_cake 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2014 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
Did you successfully do the learn procedure of the tach signal?
98k15004x4 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2014 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
Im with yellowcake, sounds like you need to do a tach learn procedure
slavka012 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2014 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
Hmmm, no, I don't think it is that. See, without the bypass and with key near the antenna everything starts perfectly.
So I did an experiment... I disconnected the tach wire. Now it cranks, starts, shuts off, but it continues to crank and does not start again. That is consistent with the remote starter not seeing the tach signal. Note that it continues to crank but does not start again. It means the immobilizer is not satisfied with the data coming from the bypass module. To me it looks like the bypass fails and ECM cuts off the fuel. Hm... I wish the xpresskit module provided some diagnostic...
slavka012 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2014 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
Also, if I let it do it (to start momentarily) 3 times, the remote starter gives up quietly. No parking light blinking. So it did not any problems of its own. It must be the Xpresskit module.
slavka012 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2014 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  
more tests... I disabled the D2D. Now I can see the xpresskit module to react to the GWR signal. If I disconnect the GWR, thus excluding the bypass from the equation, and place the key near the antenna, it starts fine.
So it is the bypass module, I'm certain. Now the question is, what is wrong with and how to make it work normally.
yellow_cake 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2014 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  
So you had the bypass wired in d2d mode right? That would mean you did not need to hardwire the GWR wire.
Try testing it in w2w, you can either connect the GWR to the remote starter or temporarily ground it and then try doing a remote start.
I'm also assuming the DBALL programmed and gave you the appropriate led blinking..
slavka012 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2014 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  
yellow_cake wrote:
So you had the bypass wired in d2d mode right? That would mean you did not need to hardwire the GWR wire.
Try testing it in w2w, you can either connect the GWR to the remote starter or temporarily ground it and then try doing a remote start.
I'm also assuming the DBALL programmed and gave you the appropriate led blinking..
Thanks for your comment.
Yes, I did that. The DBALL is programmed with HTHK1 V1.09, and it blinks green when GWR is pulled down. Grounded GWR and tried starting with the key, same stuff - the engines shuts off shortly after start.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic